Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Sleepbuds Firmware Update 7.2.1.0

sleepbuds3.png

Starting on Wednesday, April 8th, 2020, a new Sleepbuds firmware update is available through the Bose Sleep App. This firmware release introduces a fix for connection behavior with mobile devices running iOS 13.4. Any users who haven't already updated their iOS device to 13.4 yet should apply this firmware update to their sleepbuds before updating their iOS.

We are working on a sleep app update to resolve this issue for users who only have iOS 13.4 devices and will post updates as we have them. In the meantime, we can suggest the following:

• If you have not already updated your iOS device to 13.4, you have the option to delay updating your iOS version until after we’ve released a Sleep App update.
  • If you have another compatible mobile device (such as an Android device or another iOS device that is not running 13.4), you can continue to use the sleepbuds with that device
  • We recommend setting your Bose Sleep App updates to automatic, or periodically checking for updates to ensure you are running the latest version of the Sleep App
  • If you are already running 13.4 and are still somehow able to connect, or if you are using Android, we recommend you update the firmware update there. Alternatively, if you have an iOS 13.4 device and another device not running 13.4, you can use the secondary device to update the firmware, and then proceed as normal.

Official release notes

• Bug fixes & performance improvements.

Compatible OS versions

• Android: 5.0 and up
  • iOS: 10.0 and later
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 24, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds Firmware Update 7.2.1.0

Can you please remove the 60% charged requirement from firmware updates? You know full well that many of us can't charge past 58%. It's like some cruel joke ☹️

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

It’s a funny mistake in my opinion. I’m all ready picturing  the dev team finding  a quick fix for this issue, enthusiastically trying to release it to the public. And then forgetting about the own

build in corruption safeguard 🙂

so, i would like to say; thank you for trying to fix this issue! 

ps trying to suck up so you would develop a v2

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

"Starting on Wednesday, April 8th, 2020, a new Sleepbuds firmware update is available through the Bose Sleep App."

How does one download the firmware through the app if the buds are not connecting from the outset?

i.e. after the "Add Sleepbuds" option (which shows that the app can locate both Sleepbuds)...I get a "Connecting" window...that going to "Oops...we can not connect," "Hmmm...we still couldn't connect...Try turning off your Bluetooth and turning it back on..." And the like. From what I can tell, many people are facing the same issue. 

I was given a brand new pair of replacement Sleepbuds on Mar. 26th that I never been able to connect to the phone, but the Sleep app recognizes whether the left or right bud is outside of the case. As it seems, the buds need to connect to the app for this firmware to download to the actual buds. Is there a site where this firmware can be downloaded or the app updated to deal with the firmware? The Bose software updater app shows no such update.

(Note: The Bose Sleepbuds are brand new--the automatic update function was set to "on" via the Sleepbuds app when I returned the last pair. My iPhone is also new, the auto-update function for apps is also set to "on." Same phone used with the prior broken Sleepbuds (updated to iOS 13.4.1). I've looked for a manual option but there isn't one for the Sleepbud app that works through this problem.)

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Maybe try to use another phone to update the sleepbuds. Use a android phone from a friend or relative, just install the app, try to update and delete it? Hope it will help.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

I really do hope that Bose learns from this situation and start working with the Beta like other responsible companies, instead of putting the onus of responsibility on their customers to go around asking for phones and devices to update their products. Yes, this all does help. Thank you.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Not sure if it's all the fault of Bose.
But yes, the prerequisite to have them 60% charged is an mistake (still a funny one in my opinion).

Apple broke the connectivity and Bose responded to it.
And as a costumer with a discontinued product, I'm happy that they even put in the effort trying to fix  this.

When this product was not discontinued and still roling off the press, I was agreeing with you.
At this point I'm just happy I still can get some sleep. 

Otherwise; "I can't get no sleep" (Faithless Insomnia ,Reverence. 1995)

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

Has anyone actually managed to successfully update the firmware?  My iPhone (running 13.4.1) still connects to the sleepbuds (with a small delay) but will not update the firmware.  My iPad (running 13.3) connects to the sleepbuds but also will not update the firmware.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Does it show that the buds are all up to date or does it fail during the proces?

(maybe they are allready up to date, hence you are still able to use them )

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 9, 2020

Hi Jorg - thanks for your question.  I just tried to the process again (in order to answer your message accurately) and the upgrade worked this time.  Not sure why not this morning. Maybe because the battery wasn't fully charged (although it was around 70%). Anyhow, all good now.