Andy_B
Community Manager

Sleepbuds II (11.14.0) and Sleep App (3.0.6) Updates - Starting 9th February 2021 - Updated

sleepbuds-update-header_5207.jpg

Starting on February 9th, 2021, there will be a Sleepbuds II firmware update (version 11.14.0) available in the Bose Sleep app. There will also be a new Bose Sleep app update (version 3.0.6), available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store starting on February 10th, 2021.

Sleep App Update - Updated notes (22nd February) at the end of this post

Version Information

• Android:
    • 3.0.5 3.0.6
  • iOS:
    • 3.0.4 3.0.6

Release Notes

• Added persistent bottom navigation icons for accessing the home screen, My Sounds screen, and Sound Library screen
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements

Compatible OS Versions

• Android: 6.0 and up
  • iOS: 11 and up

Sleepbuds II Update - Updated notes (15th February) at the end of this post

Version Information

Release Notes

• Battery reporting and charging improvements 

** Note **

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your replies. We have seen some users posting and wanted to provide some additional details should you experience difficulties with the update process, or pairing to the buds. Once you have finished updating the app or buds, the buds need to be placed back inside the case to allow the case to update. This may take a few minutes. If you take the buds out of the case before it finishes updating, the Sleepbuds may not connect to your phone. Return the buds to their case to continue the update.

The screenshot below should be shown once the original update has finished explaining this, but we understand it may be missed if you are in a hurry. Let us know if you have any questions or require additional assistance below.

Bose Sleep.jpeg

** Update 15th February **

Following reports of the Android Bose Sleep app crashing, we have released version 3.0.5 which addresses this issue.

In light of the feedback some users have reported, we have paused the ability to update the Sleepbuds II firmware to version 11.14.0. If you have previously updated the firmware for your Sleepbuds II to version 11.14.0, you can continue to use your product. We will update you once we have additional information to share.

** Update 22nd February **

During our last upgrade (version 3.0.4), we introduced a slight change in the user interface for the Bose Sleep app. At the bottom of the screen, we added 3 new icons for each section of the app. Following feedback provided by you, our users, we have added labels to the new category icons with a new version of the app, 3.0.6. 

Sleep-app-labels-only-3_0_6(1).png

Update 3.0.6 also addresses an issue on Android devices where sounds may not play when the phone is disconnected from the network.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
30 REPLIES 30
yt
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2021

Re: Sleepbuds II (11.14.0) and Sleep App (3.0.4) Updates - Starting 9th February 2021

I think bose should really make sure their release is stable, After I update my earbuds are not able to connect to the app anymore !

Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Re: Sleepbuds II (11.14.0) and Sleep App (3.0.4) Updates - Starting 9th February 2021

So you’ve not addressed a single issue or request made on this forum over the past four months? Why do you think it is ok to just do your own thing with these sleepbuds and not fulfil the requests of your customers who have spent £220 on these and are the ones having to use them every night. Our feedback is not imaginary complaints, they are all similar and consistent points and you seem to refuse to address or admit the issues exist. Please do your customers the courtesy of considering our feedback properly, collating the top five issues and actually work to fix them. When I buy a product that costs so much money and is equally software driven as it is hardware, I expect ongoing support and enhancements to the software, yet Bose just continue to fail to deliver on this. It’s time to understand you can put as much effort as you like in the hardware, but neglecting the software will ruin all that hard work (and we pretty much all agree you’ve nailed the hardware this time around). So please now invest some time actually making these sleepbuds perfect (which they can be). 

Marcel 1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2021

Mine too. 
There is small icon of sleepbuds that appeared on the left bottom part of the app screen, sleepbuds are connected but no way to start sounds. 

Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Click on the heart and your sounds should be there to start playing. It’s a huge step backwards in my opinion. Not one person on this forum asked for a change to the user interface. Instead of addressing the feedback it seems as though Bose have just done what they want and ignored us all. I truly despair, we give them so many chances to get this right and to work with us. They just prove time and time again that they simply don’t appear to care. 

Marcel 1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2021

Bose, don’t you think you should have shared the news of the new interface with your customers in the presentation of the update?

Ears
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

What happens if you just ignore the update? (which I think I will do, judging from the comments above)

Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

I couldn’t find a way to stop the firmware update so I could go to bed, it forces it to run (and as this is Bose I figured just force quitting the app whilst the update was going on would probably brick the Sleepbuds so didn’t want to try it). You can choose to not update the app if you wish, but the Sleepbuds might bug out if the app isn’t in the software version the buds are expecting. 

StefanIndustries
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Alright so the UI got a big 'improvement' but the bose logo that flashes your face very brightly every single time when you start the app didn't get a fix? Really?

Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Bose clearly don’t understand the importance of sleep and routine. The only way to deal with this to allow you to have a proper wind down before bedtime with no screens as is scientifically recommended for good sleep routine, is to take the Sleepbuds out 30 minutes before bedtime and set them going so you can pop them in your ears straight away at your actual bed time and not have to touch the app at a point in your bedtime routine where the last thing you should do is look at a screen. Sure, you could use phone free mode for that, but you’d not be able to use the alarm function and that would be a deal breaker for many.