Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Sleepbuds II - All LEDs flashing when opening case

Hi,

I am currently on my 90 day trial with the Sleepbuds II. I already had some very long nights sleep with them and am quite pleased.

One issue though.

A couple of times now, when I opened the case to take out the sleepbuds, all the lights in the case started flashing.  So both the left and right earbud charging indicator leds as well als all 5 of the case battery level indicator leds start to flash on-off continuously. 
When in this state, the earbuds do not start playing (I have them set to start playing as soon as you take them out of the box) nor are you able to connect to them in the app.
The only thing that helps is to put them back in the box, close open, take them out, close open the box, put the buds back in the box, repeat this process a couple of times and eventually it will work.
This is a bit of an inconvenience.

I am unable to find an indication as to what this blinking means, as far as I can tell, it is not described online.

The only thing I can think of, is that I like to sleep in a cold room and the charging case was on the windowsill next to the open window. I think room temperature was somewhere between 

14 57.20 ℉

and

17 62.60 ℉

Could this be the issue?

Kind Regards,
JS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sleepbuds II - All LEDs flashing when opening case

Author Accepted Answer selected by jsahoka

Thanks for that update.

The Sleepbuds have a charging temperature range of 10° C – 40° C (50° F – 104° F) so if you do let them get outside of this temperature range it could stop them from charging correctly. The temperatures for the room you mentioned are within this range, but as it is close, it is possible that the Sleepbuds themselves had fallen outside of the range. It would explain why moving to higher temperatures helped.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hey JS, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the LEDs on the Sleepbuds II. I'll be more than happy to help you! 

Regarding your query, it is possible that this could be the case. The only way to be sure would be to move the case and see if you are still experiencing the same issue. 

I would recommend that you try a reset of the Sleepbuds II to see if this helps with this issue. I have included the instructions for this HERE, to assist you. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I had already tried to reset the buds with the reset button, sadly this made no difference.
I'll keep the buds in another room before I go to bed and see if that changes anything. 
I'll let you know! 

Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

So I tried it twice and when keeping the buds in slightly higher temperature seems to indeed prevent this issue.

Is there a guideline of operating temps?

Author Accepted Answer selected by jsahoka

Thanks for that update.

The Sleepbuds have a charging temperature range of 10° C – 40° C (50° F – 104° F) so if you do let them get outside of this temperature range it could stop them from charging correctly. The temperatures for the room you mentioned are within this range, but as it is close, it is possible that the Sleepbuds themselves had fallen outside of the range. It would explain why moving to higher temperatures helped.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post