aysidd
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Sleepbuds II Question

Hi- I'm excited about the new sleepbuds! I have a question...I generally don't feel comfortable with bluetooth being on all night long. I know that with the phone-free mode, I can turn it off. When I activate phone-free mode, are there any other signals that are emitted? 

Also, in phone free mode, what features don't work? Does the in-ear alarm feature still work? 

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
culader
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Re: Sleepbuds II Question

As a loyal Sleepbuds owner and like many others who opted to keep their Sleepbuds even after being given the opportunity to get a full refund when they were discontinued, I have a question about purchasing the new Seepbuds II. Would Bose consider giving a discount to those current Sleepbud owners who kept their Sleepbuds because they depend on them to get a healthy sleep? I am currently having problems with my current Sleepbuds (the magnetic tab fell off and I have a lot of difficulty charging them) and would love to upgrade to the new Sleepbuds II. Please consider the loyalty of all the Sleepbuds owners who are still using them. If you give a discount, I would ship my current buds as proof that I still own them or do whatever Bose wants to establish proof that I still own the Sleepbuds.

Curt Lader

Terry2020
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

The alarm depends on the clock on your iDevice so turning off BT will turn it off as well.

Vicky_W

Hello aysidd, 

Thanks for posting. 

Phone Free mode lets you use your Sleepbuds whilst your phone is off or in another room. While in Phone-Free Mode, alarms and sound settings are disabled. Phone-Free mode will remain active until you disable it. When you take your Sleepbuds out of the charging case, your sleep timer and current sound will restart. 

@culader, the best option will be to speak with your local customer support team and they will be able to help you explore what options are available. I hope you are as excited as us for the Sleepbuds II!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
aysidd
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Thanks, to confirm in phone free mode there is nothing emitted from the sleepbuds?

Also, I think what confused me is this note in the FAQ:

Will I still hear the wake-up alarm if the phone battery dies during the night?

Yes. In the event the phone battery dies and the phone disconnects from Sleepbuds™ II, they will still play the first scheduled alarm automatically. So, as long as the earbuds still have battery life, you will still hear a wake-up alarm.

How can both be true, that in phone free mode the alarm doesn't ring, but if my phone dies the alarm rings?

culader
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Thank you Vicki for suggesting I reach out to customer support. Because my Sleepbuds were still under warranty and the metal magnetic clips were missing from one of the buds, customer support agreed to give me a brand new Sleppbuds II after returning the defective Sleepbuds. Kudos to Bose customer service!

Andy_B
Community Manager

@aysidd - Thanks for your message, and welcome to the Community. We can confirm that the information in the FAQs is indeed accurate!

Having a phone lose power in the middle of the night is an unplanned and inconvenient event that has happened to many of us. Ensuring the first alarm would still sound was our way of providing a safeguard should you experience this. 

Because the phone and Sleepbuds don’t connect in the same way in phone free mode, an alarm isn’t currently possible. It would be great to have the ability to set an alarm in phone free mode, and we will pass this feedback on to the development team for future consideration!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
aysidd
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Thank you! I definitely think the developers could implement this and would be an awesome feature. I don't see how alarm can work when my phone battery dies but won't work if I'm in phone-free mode. 

Can you please answer my question when in phone-free mode, is anything emitted?

Jessie_O

Hey Aysidd, 

I have marked this thread as a feature request so that the relevant team can review this.

Regarding phone free mode, whilst functionality is limited in this mode, Sleepbuds II do not stay connected to a device during the night, and thus have no emissions after a few minutes have passed.

I hope this helps! If there are any other questions you have, I'll be more than happy to help you! 

soundhound24
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

I'd like some additional clarification on the Bluetooth transmission in Phone-free mode. I want to make sure there is ZERO signal transmitted by the sleepbuds in this mode. Wouldn't bluetooth signal still need to be active so you can start/stop playback? If Bluetooth is completely deactivated, how would you even reconnect the sleepbuds to your phone?