Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Sleepbuds II smelly silicone

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name sleepbuds II

Country Canada

Firmware Version 11.9

App Version 3.0.3

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.) iPhone X on ios14

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I received the new sleep buds for Christmas but since the silicone has started to give off a really bad smell and it leaves my ears smelling like this in the morning until I shower. It is pretty gross, strong smell. 

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) bedroom

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Since I got them. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

cleaned them with a qtips but it doesn’t get rid of the smell. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Sleepbuds II smelly silicone

Hey Natilla,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear you're noticing this smell but I'd be happy to advise.

Do you notice this particular smell with all the ear tips that come with the Sleepbuds? Or just the ones that are regularly used?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Re: Sleepbuds II smelly silicone

Thank you for your reply. I noticed it with the regular size ones that come pre-installed. I gave a try to the size L last night and they don't smell as much although after one night I start to smell it. I own the sport wireless earbuds and I have used them for 3 years now without any problem or smell. I also have the QuietComfort over-ear headphones and again, no problem there. Only these sleepbuds seem to have that nasty smell. i need to try the size L for more nights to see if the smell gets any worse.