jsvhere
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

Re: Sleepbuds Sound goes off when on my side

I'm having the same issue. Just called and reported to Bose. The rep told me there is no fix in the works but if they continue to get complaints they will try to address the problem.

jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

Just got these yesterday, and I immediately had the same problem: any pressure on the left bud shuts off the sound.  Obviously, some different options for the bud size/shape will be needed, to accomodate everyone's ear canal.  And it's very disappointing to see that the response at this point is that Bose hasn't had enough complaints to do anything about the problem.   That's not how you get a new product off the ground.

Had the buds fit better, I think these would do the trick for me.  Using the Small bud may improve things but I really need the Medium, if not Large, to keep the unit in my ear.   I may try the jewelry ring fix but unfortunately it looks like I'll end up returning this product because of this small and easily fixable (by Bose) problem.

jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has found a new solution. 

For me, the slightest pressure on the left earbud shuts it off.

I can work around this problem by replacing the Bose rubber tip with a standard tip from and ordinary earbud, but the sound quality isn't as good.  I haven't tried the 'jewelry ring' fix. Obviously the real solution is for Bose to offer some alternative tips, but that hasn't happened.

Has anyone found a better answer?

Highlighted
Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

Can you tell me what the replacement tip you are using looks like or a link to where I can find them? You said it affects the sound quality, but does it quell the volume as well?  It is so weird that the jump ring only works on one side. I need to figure out how to make it work on the other as well but it isn't as good a solution as I had originally hoped. Better yet, Bose needs to fix this issue.

jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

I got an assortment from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CVNV3Q4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They'll fit, but not very tightly, it's easy to leave the tip behind in your ear when you remove the Sleepbud.  They don't seem to couple as much low frequency sound to the ear so the sound is thinner, and less effective.   And they don't block as much of the ambient sound. 

mwhaley
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

What size jump ring did you use ?

Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

Just a small one that will fit snuggly around the center. Maybe 4mm or so. But they don’t work perfectly so Bose needs to fix the issue. 😃

jimh12345
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

A Pure Comfort Side Sleep pillow solved the problem for me.
Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

Unfortunately that pillow didn’t have any effect on the problem for me. Bose just needs to fix the problem. 

Ozwel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Hi,

Same problem here. Just posting to add a voice in regards of Bose support.