Re: Sleepbuds Sound goes off when on my side

Hi Lisa P,

Thank you for the reply.

If you're having an issue with your Sleepbuds, please contact support so we can exchange them for you. 

To contact support, go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be displayed. 

Let us know how the replacement works out for you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

Exchanging them most likely won’t work. The issue happens to many people and withboth buds. If it only happens with a single Bud, we might assume that one is defective but for everyone it happens with both meaning it is a design flaw. 

c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Yeah I get this issue too. Exchanging is irrelevant.

I guess we will have to practise different head positions or buy a pillow with a hole in it.

c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Slept on my contoured neck/side sleep foam pillow last night and didn't put as much pressure on my ear, seems to do the trick.
Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

I have one of those pillows. Doesn’t work for the issue for me. The slightest pressure and they go off. The pillow with the ear holes is just too hard and not comfortable for me and unless I wake up each time I turn over so that my ear is exactly over the hole, it doesn’t work either.  None of us should have to be seeking solutions for a design flaw. Bose needs to fix it. 

The original design from the original inventors was perfect. Their main issue was that the battery only lasted for 4 hours. Bose bought them and increased battery life but totally changed the design and here we are with this issue. If they kept the original design with longer battery life, that would be perfect. 

c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

That sucks. I imagine the inner hole leading to the speaker needs to be solid so it doesn't cover in on itself when squeezed, whilst the outer bud can remain flexible.
kristavanessa
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 31, 2018

I just got the SleepBuds as a Xmas present and I'm having the same issue! Grr! Hoping Bose comes up with a solution soon! Thinking I will just return mine.
Laura D
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 7, 2019

I have the same problem and agree that, in view of the price, this design flaw should be fixed. I'm not keen on trying  a DIY solution, but may have no choice, when the sound is released it actually wakes me up, which is rather counter-productive.

Jodi S.
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

I'm having the same problem with the sound going off in one bud when I sleep on my side. If I lift my head slightly, it comes back on. This wakes me up, unfortunately. When I talked to customer support, they had me try all the updates and resets, which didn't fix the problem. Assuming it was a harware issue, they exchanged for me. The new ones had the same issue right away, so another exchange. I'm on my third set, and am convinced I would have the same issue no matter how many exchanges they support me with. 😞  Not to mention, it's embarrassing to keep calling and asking for replacements... and the CSR's I've talked to don't acknowledge that this is a known issue.

The big bummer is that this product is so close to awesome. They do a great job of helping me go to sleep and blocking out the snores next to me. Even my teen is pleased because I don't get after her for keeping me awake with her night owl tendancies. But this flaw has been an irritant in the night, and I sure wish there were a way to fix it. I will try the jump ring trick and even maybe order a side-sleeper pillow. But... mostly, I'm just eager for Bose to fix these little glitches and come out with an improved product, because if they worked exactly as intended, they would truly be genious.

Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

At first, my jump ring fix worked...but no longer.  I agree that they are wonderful when they work, but this issue of going off when on one side is awful. That they don’t admit there is an issue is terrible. I’m not going to replace them because the same issue will happen. 

BOSE!  ADDRESS THIS FLAW!