Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

Re: Sleepbuds Sound goes off when on my side

You may have to crimp it just right. The ring helped the left side but not the right for some reason. I will keep adjusting the ring hoping I can get it to work too.  Shouldn’t have to do any of this. =(

@Lucidlyseen @Lisa P We definitely want to help and encourage you to contact our Sleepbuds Support team to take a closer look. It could be an issue with the eartips. The phone number is (800) 905-1273. 

Thank you,

Mohsin

DarrylG
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2018

I'm thinking now that it's more a factor of how I'm orienting them in the ear canal.  Also getting a side-sleeping pillow with ear cutout.

Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

It doesn't really matter how they are oriented in the ear canal since the design limits ways to orient them and they fit well. I guess if you have a deeper and wider ear canal the audio hole won't collapse, but for regular or small ears it does. Carving a hole in the pillow or buying a pillow with a hole) may work but also means that people will have to not move off that spot all night.

Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

Two jump rings of the right size works for me. =D

DarrylG
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2018

Before purchasing these I'd tried the SoundOff sleepbuds and, even though they had a stiff inner portion surrounded by a resilient earpiece, they did exactly the same thing in regard to shutting off on my side - only much worse.  For $99 they had one sound, pink noise, no alarm, individual volume controls that clicked when pressed to bother your sleep partner and a hard plastic piece going around the outer ear.  Last year I'd tried another product called Hush Earbuds that only lasted 5 hours and the sound level was so low as to be useless.  Compared with these, the Bose product is far superior and I'm willing to fiddle with a slide-sleeping pillow.

Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

Darryl,

Bose bought out Hush and I had the same issue with Hush. They died quickly, although were very comfortable and the sound didn't go off when on my side. I also had SoundOff which I hated. Before that I had NuSound which had a very annoying tone. The best I have had to date was SoundMaskers (no longer made) which were very comfortable and had great sound quality. However, they required replacement batteries about every 4 days and replacement foam ear tips and that got quite expensive, but they are still going strong after 12 years. I have stocked up on the foam ear tips they no longer sell. The jump rings I put on my Bose sleepbuds needed adjusting a couple of times but last night they seemed to do the trick and not collapse the audio hole on my side. My only other issue is that none of the sounds are very loud. I would like the volume to be a bit louder than it is now even though I have it up as high as it can go.

DarrylG
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2018

Rather than fiddling any more with the jump rings I bought the PureComfort Side Sleeping Pillow from Amazon and used it last night.  It solves all the problems and is a great, comfortable pillow and I'd recommend it to anyone, whether they use earbuds or not.  Though I've used it only one night I rate it as the most comfortable pillow I've experienced.

Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

That’s great and nice it works for you. However, I have one of those and it doesn’t solve the problem....at least not for me. The sleepbuds have a design flaw which has been solved for me but shouldn’t have to be. 

E_Colorado
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

Lisa, thank you for sharing that clever fix! The picture you included is worth 1000+ words. I'm going to find some of those jump rings and give it a try.

Have you noticed any extra pressure in your ear canal using those rings, or any soreness after using them for a while?