chucks9886
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

Re: Sleepbuds Sound goes off when on my side

I have the exact same problem. Bose, will you address this issue? Will be sending mine back soon if no fix.

(**MODERATOR EDIT PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED**)

Hello,

Thanks everyone for taking the time to write into the community. We’re sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having with your Sleepbuds. We want to see them work out for you and we know how important it is that they do. We know it’s frustrating when a product stops functioning properly and we recommend that you please try the following troubleshooting steps to see if it helps you:

Check the eartip for blockage. Shinning a flashlight through it is usually a good technique for this. Also, try a different eartip.

Please try visiting our Bose Updater Site (btu.bose.com) to verify that the charging case is up-to-date. Instructions are available on the site on how to perform the update.

Try resetting the charging case by inserting a thin paper clip inside of the hole located on the back of the case until a click is heard. Place your Sleepbuds back in the case and verify they are fully charged before use

Uninstall and reinstall the Bose Sleep app and reboot the device running the app.

Our goal is for you to have your best night of sleep ever. If the issue persists, it seems we’re unable to correct this with troubleshooting, and your Sleepbuds would be in need of service. For best assistance, we recommend that you reach out to the Sleepbuds Support team in your region who will be fully equipped to provide your service options and get you back up and running again.

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

The moderator’s suggestions are standard replies and do not work. This isn’t a blockage issue or reset, or tip, or update issue. This is a clear cut design flaw. It happened to me right out of the box. I used different tips, the buds are clean, I am fully updated and reset and there is no change. Someone needs to get our message to someone who can address the design flaw issue since this is unacceptable. 

Bose probably won’t bother with it since it is far more expensive for them to do compared to them issuing people little pads to prevent the squeaking (different problem). That’s a cheap fix, this won’t be. So in the meantime we are told to try a different tip, clean them, or update or?  Not helpful!!!  

DarrylG
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2018

I may have mentioned this before - I had returned my Bose earbuds and now use one of the headbands with speakers.  Guess what, the sound still goes off in the ear that's on the pillow.  I looked this up and it's due to fluid settling in the inner ear cutting out the sound and is apparently a rather common occurrence. So, there was nothing wrong with the Bose earbuds, just the anatomy of the ear.  I've gotten used to this because, if I can't hear the sound, then I'm also not hearing the snoring!

Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

I have to strongly disagree. There is no fluid in the inner ear that would cause sound to go off with mild pressure on an earbud. I’ve used many other sound masking in ear canal buds over the past 10 years with no issue like this. If it were an inner ear issue, it would have happened then too. I only bought these because they stopped making the components required for the ones I really liked. Also, the inner ear is separated from the canal so it doesn’t make sense that fluid in the inner ear affects the bud in the canal. The canal and tip are perfectly clean, wax and fluid free and this happens. 

jsvhere
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

I ordered a Pure Comfort – Side Sleeping Pillow | Height Adjustable from Amazon as mentioned in another post.  This solves the problem.. it did for me anyway.  

Hi,

Just wanted to jump in here and remind everyone that if you are having issues with your Sleepbuds that cant be resolved from the tips offered by @Mohsin_S, I would recommend that you contact your local support team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your regions, kindly scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

DRob
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 19, 2018

I've had this same issue, I have tiny ears apparently - and sometimes they do ache when I wake up - but yes, if I roll over and am on my side - the sound slowly fades - I lift my head - it's back on. I've had to mess with my pillow, placing my fingers around my ears to create space...sliding the pillow to the very top of my head - I couldn't figure it out. I'm going to try a jump ring solution and see if that works. I love NOT hearing snoring at all...but need to fix this.

Hey @DRob,

Thanks for writing in and we're sorry to hear about the experience you are having. Can you please try the fitting tips provided here to see if that help you? 

Let us know when you get a chance. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin

Lisa P
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

Mohsin,

It isn’t  about the fit!  You haven’t read our messages about what we HAVE tried which includes changing the tips, different sizes, and everything else you mentioned. This is about a defect plain and simple.