visha1280
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Sleepbuds alarm is not continuous

HI there I am having mixed success with the alarm.

At times, the duration of the alarm sounds until I turn it off. And then others, it only rings for a few seconds and turns off on it's own.

Is there any way I can get this to behave consistently?  Ideally, I'd like the alarm to continue until I wake up and turn it off.

8 REPLIES 8
sleepbudsnewuserinneedofhelp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Re: Sleepbuds alarm is not continuous

not a reply or solution - but another user in search of a solution for this issue.

sleepbudsnewuserinneedofhelp
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

I suspect this issue has something to do with the sleepbuds becoming 'disconnected' during the night. Bose documentation states that if this happens, the sleepbuds will continue to play but only the 1st alarm set will sound and the snooze will not activate. 

So, is anyone from BOSE going to weigh in here?

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Yes, if the sleepbuds lose connection from your mobile device during the night, they will continue to play masking sounds and the next scheduled alarm. Snooze and subsequent alarms will not work. Place sleepbuds back in charging case for a few seconds and remove to re-establish the connection to your mobile device.

Why your alarm is going off at the appropriate time just the duration of the alarm not being consistent could be due to an issue with the app or the bud themselves.

Here are a few things you can try.

• Uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
  • Deleting the alarm and trying to reset it.

If that doesn't help I would suggest contacting your local sleepbuds team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards, 

Tony G - Community Support

trailbait
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 25, 2018

Same issue. The alarm sometimes sounds for 1-3 seconds and then goes back to masking even though I haven't touched the phone to dismiss or snooze the alarm. I've caught it each time so far, but it's foreseeable that I will someday sleep through a 1-3 second alarm.

I'd say it happens ~10% of the time.

Hi Trailbait!

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing! I will do all I can to assist you! 

If the troubleshooting outlined earlier in the thread has been unsuccessful, I would recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. Click here, select your country of residence and scroll to the bottom where you will see 'Contact Us'. 

I hope this proves helpful! Have a great day! 

Jessie - Community Support

Ran
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

I tried. Does not solve the problem. Is the problem specific to apple mobile devices?

efudd
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

I've had similar issues with an android. Frequently, the next alarm does not play at all (for some reason my phone and sleepbuds disconnect most every night even though they're only 3-5' apart).

Additionally, the snooze duration and length of time the alarm plays before turning itself off seem to be most variable. More control over these settings would be very helpful.

Greater consistency in an alarm is a prerequisite!!

Hi Efudd, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. We appreciate the feedback and will pass this onto our development team. 

Could you please also update me if you have attempted any troubleshooting steps for the disconnecting issue so far? 

I look forward to hearing back from you and would encourage the community to make us aware of any other features that they would like to see added into the Sleepbuds. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B