PaulBe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Sleepbuds caused tinnitus?

I've used sleepbuds for about a month.  Over the past couple of days I've developed a high-pitched ringing sound in my ears throughout the day.  

Nothing else has changed in my life apart from using the sleepbuds and I'm concerned that this is the cause.  I saw that there was a previous thread (now closed by Bose) about other users who have experienced this and I'm really concerned that the sleepbuds have caused permanent damage to my hearing.  

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, did the ringing subside after you stopped using the sleepbuds?

I'd appreciate if someone from Bose could contact me to let me know if this is a common problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Sleepbuds caused tinnitus?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi PaulBe, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with using your Sleepbuds. This is not normal behavior. 

I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support Team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, Select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can do, please reach out to me again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi PaulBe, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with using your Sleepbuds. This is not normal behavior. 

I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support Team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, Select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can do, please reach out to me again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
SallyC
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

I started using Bose Sleepbuds in June last year and noticed ringing in my ears after the first time of use. However, it went away after an hour or two so I continued using them. The ringing quickly became permanent though and I stupidly carried on using them because they genuinely helped me to sleep. I really wish I hadn't as the ringing is driving me crazy despite stopping using the Sleepbuds in August last year. I had 3 pairs of the Sleepbuds, as Bose replaced the first two pairs due to the not charging problem. The third pair failed too at the time that Bose pulled the product so I stopped using them as they only half charged. I had noticed there was a high pitched clicking noise (in all 3 pairs) and wondered if I was imagining it, but I have seen lots of commentators have mentioned this, with several people stating that the clicking was at a pitch which exceeds safety levels. I have had endless, disjointed WhatsApp conversations with Bose, as well as a telephone conversation in which I was assured that someone would revert to me within 48-72 hours (10 days ago) but I haven't been contacted. Each conversation assured me that Bose had never heard anything about Sleepbuds causing Tinnitus and this was news to them - despite me pointing out that lots of people have reported the same problem in numerous forums, with Bose representatives responding - and then closing - the forums, as clearly they are bad publicity. One Bose's operative suggested asking my husband to try the Sleepbuds to see if the same thing happened to him! 🙄  

Highlighted
PaulBe
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

It sounds like we’ve had exactly the same experience. 

I can’t count the number of times I’ve been lied to bu Bose.  After months of being ignored. I managed to speak to someone yesterday who promised to send an email so I could reply and provide evidence of my tinnitus. They obviously didn’t email me and I’m back to square one.  

This is really starting to feel like a cover up and they are desperately trying to hide the fact that the sleep buds potential cause tinnitus. 

I only noticed the high pitched signal only the last night or two before I stopped using them, but I’ve had pretty constant tinnitus since then. 

Highlighted
SallyC
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

Ignoring the problem does seem to be the Bose policy. They've had 5 days to respond to us on their own blog so the lack of response is clearly not an oversight. And their assertion that they are unaware of the problem is ridiculous. Just a few minutes of Googling 'Bose Sleepbuds and tinnitus' reveals lots of unhappy users. Check out these links, all of which are on Bose's own community blogs.  Come on Bose - your silence speaks volumes .....

Page 1 - https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Experiencing-high-pitched-tone-in-my-head-tinnitus-...

Page 2 - https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Experiencing-high-pitched-tone-in-my-head-tinnitus-...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Wellness-Archive/High-pitched-chirping-clicking-or-ticking-sound-in-on...

https://community.bose.com/t5/Wellness-Archive/High-pitched-chirping-clicking-or-ticking-sound-in-on...

see message no. 7 from LizPDX - https://community.bose.com/t5/Sleepbuds/Sleepbuds-Discontinuing-Discussion/m-p/241583#M4078