Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

Sleepbuds failed - support not helping

I purchased the sleepbuds back in the fall of 2019. Not long after, the left bud failed. I received a replacement shortly after around January of 2020. Now the magnet on the left bud detached and stayed in the case. I contacted support and they won't send a replacement until I return the broken one (Implying I'd keep/steal the broke one). Given the fact that my city is on lockdown, its pretty unrealistic to expect customers to be shipping things around, let alone depriving them of the product until the broken one is received. I'm not the one who sold a defective product and your support approach to the matter is punitive. In addition, I'm informed there is a high likelihood that UPS will not be picking up packages from residents so I can't even reliably ship them out if I wanted to. All this hassle for a defective, discontinued product that you're simply going to throw in the garbage when you get it.

I don't appreciate being punished for thieves actions or being lumped in with them. For how expensive this product was, I'm seriously disappointed in Bose's response.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sleepbuds failed - support not helping

Hey jefe78,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but I'd be happy to advise.

I can completely understand your frustrations, but advanced replacements are something we can no longer offer. We now have to ensure all faulty products are received before we ship out brand new products, as in the past orders were not completely fulfilled. This is a universal rule, and I know it's difficult at these times to get your product to us, but we're always able to help you set up the replacement order.

If you contact Bose support again we'll get the order set up and ready to go, send you the required shipping material, and whenever is best for you, you can send us your faulty Sleepbuds. There will be 30 days on the label before it expires, but we're happy to re-create this also when needed. We look forward to hearing from you soon to have the process arranged and organized to get the new Sleepbuds to you as soon as possible.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

I hear what you're saying, and it goes against why I have bought Bose all these years. This practice is anti-consumer and will be why I stop buying your products going forward. Please know my frustration isn't directed at you, but rather the policy you're stuck enforcing. If you can point me to whoever implemented this, I'd love to send them an email with my average Bose spending figures and explain to them why due to this policy and the poor experience with the Sleepbuds, Bose is losing my business.

I have no access to a printer and sure won't be venturing out to find one until the restrictions ease. Does support ship a label and box or do I need to wait until I can go out again to find a printer?

Hi jefe78,

The team will email you the shipping label required for you to send us the product back. You would have to find packaging or even use the original box the product came in, attach the label we send, and drop it at UPS to be shipped. If you cannot print the label, if you show the email to UPS they'll be happy to help you have the label attached to the box with your product inside.

Please give the team a call when next available, so we can get things underway. Let me know if you have any other queries!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!