Sleepbuds playing music

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Sleepbuds playing music

Do the sleepbuds play music? I saw nothing to confirm nor deny this. If so, what do I need to do? If not, what are the return/trade-in procedures
18 REPLIES
Silent Starter

music sleepbuds

Can you not listen to music with the purchase of sleepbuds? There has to be an app...

Re: music sleepbuds

Hi kmbrewer7,

Thanks for the question.  The Noise Masking Sleepbuds are not able to play music, only the pre-selected sounds from Bose.  In order to achieve a form factor small enough to be comfortable for sleeping and fit a battery that can support sound playback for an entire night, we made the decision to not stream audio continuously all night, and instead store the pre-selected sound file on the sleepbuds themselves.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hi,

That makes sense! The size of the sleebuds sets the limit. 

But why not allowing to upload different sounds? Bose could really offer more sounds and every user could choose 7 sounds.

Or even have a store for custom sounds produced by other users? 

After reading about the product that was my first question. 

Best,

Achim

Hi tinnitus,

Thanks for posting. Those are some great suggestions! We will pass them along to out Sleepbuds team for future consideration.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Silent Starter

You need to make these able to play music... I got a free pair when I purchased a bed recently. To be honest I have a noise machine and to have there is redundant does bose want to buy them back off me since I can't use them

Re: Sleepbuds playing music

Hi RockWitMe*Out,

Thanks for posting. Bose noise-masking sleepbuds™ were engineered specifically to solve the problem of unwanted noise in the bedroom. In order to achieve a form factor small enough to be comfortable for sleeping AND fit a battery that can support sound playback for an entire night, we made the conscious design decision to not stream audio constantly throughout the night. Instead, we store the sound files on each sleepbud™ and play them back locally, dramatically extending the audio playback time achievable in our breakthrough form factor. We've included 10 pre-loaded soothing sounds, each easily selectable via the companion Bose Sleep app. Bose engineered each audio track to maximize masking efficacy and/or facilitate relaxation. Six of these sounds are found in nature-ocean waves, waterfall, rain, stream, wind and country night. Other sounds include red noise (like white noise, but less harsh), airline cabin, dehumidifier and a "spa music"-like drone.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hi, 

I'd be very happy with half of the play time if they played music. I actually wanted to play a meditation when I fell asleep so I don't care if the battery runs out mid way through my sleep but the option to do this would be nice.  

Would it be possible to release an app which allows you to do this explaining the shorter battery life.  I'd buy a pair on the spot if it could to that. I know a lot of my friends into evening meditation would too!

Audible Advocate

The e-mail advert for the sleepbuds I got - based on which I ordered them - gave the indication that they were wireless headphones designed for sleeping. Have just received mine and reading the above (after failing to get to listen to music) has really upset me as I now feel I've wasted £260 (local price, ordered specially) on something that's not what I wanted and will not use. If there was a notification in that e-mail that they only listened to pre-recorded sounds, I missed it.

Your e-mail adverts should make clear that this product ONLY does pre-recorded sounds, not expect people to go to your website to check the fine print. My fault for not looking I guess, but as a user of Bose headphones for many years, who often goes out and pre-orders the latest one when I see your e-mail, this is very upsetting (especially since I'll now have to actually go and buy another pair of expensive headphones to do what I thought this would do). Smiley Sad 

Hi Fenton,

I'm sorry to hear about that.  I'll pass this suggestion up to the marketing team.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support