Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Sleepbuds sound library full, yet can't access sounds

Hello,

Just this morning I was awoken when static started blasting through my left earbud. Upon getting up and checking the phone app on my android phone, I thought that I might pause and then play the Downstream sound that I had been using. Pausing and trying to restart the sound only resulted in pausing all sound and restarting the sounds with the same static in the left ear and the Downstream sound in the right.

I then replaced the sound buds in the charging case to possibly reset the connection (they were at 47% charge). Upon re-connecting to the app, it indicated that I had no sounds in my library and could not play any sounds through my sleepbuds. Upon looking at the library, it stated I needed more room for sounds, yet when scrolled to the deletion screen, indicated no sounds available to delete to free up space. The main library itself shows all of the sounds with the little cloud and arrow icon as if they are available for download and not already stored in the buds.

Now no sounds will play on my buds at all due to a seeming miscommunication between the app and buds.

Is there any fix to assist in correcting this issue?

I have been using sleepbuds since the indiegogo campaign and went through several of the prototype models that had issues. Since receiving the production model, the only real issue was that the magnets on both sleepbuds had come off and I had to use a small drop of superglue to re-affix them to continue to charge and use the buds.

Please help.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Sleepbuds sound library full, yet can't access sounds

Hello Kiltedmp, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Sleepbuds and I would love to help you resolve this issue.

Please could you try the following steps to resolve your issue and let me know how you get on:

1. Update the charging case by going to btu.bose.com and checking that the charging cases software is up to date.
  2. Go into your Sleepbuds app and ensure your Sleepbuds are running on the latest software.
  3. Reset the charging case. To reset the charging case, insert a thin paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click.
  4. Uninstall and reinstall the Sleepbuds app to ensure it is up to date and has been restarted fully. 

Should you need further assistance please let me know and I would love to help you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

No,

Had to send the unit back for replacement.

It's been a week already and my sleep is horrible without the buds.

Expected to arrive at Bose on Monday, hope the replacements can be expedited to get back into a restful cycle again.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Is there any solution to this problem? I have exactly the same problem with you.

Highlighted

Hello MarkPanda, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your Sleepbuds sound library. 

Can you please confirm if you have tried the steps outlined by Vicky_W? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 2, 2019

Thank you, 

Yes, I have tried the four steps, but the sound list is still empty.

I was trying to download a new sound, but the process stuck at 66% for hours. After that, it said the space is not enough, and then I could not see any sound in the sound list.

Highlighted

Hello MarkPanda,

I'm very sorry to hear you are still having issues accessing the sounds list. 

If you haven't already, please visit this link to attempt to update the firmware of the Sleepbuds. 

Should the issue continue, I'd kindly suggest reaching out to local support to seek an exchange, as per the result kiltedmp sought. Details can be found here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G