Cashley8
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Sleepbuds squeaking on pillow

Hi there, my sleepbuds are rubbing on my pillow and making a squeaking noise whenever I make the slightest movement, even when breathing! I bought these sleepbuds to help me sleep better and this noise is waking me all the time, so disappointing.
I heard that decals have been created? I am in Australia, please can you advise how I can get these.
Thanks
Cat
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Sleepbuds squeaking on pillow

Hi there @Cashley8 and welcome to the Community!

We are currently aware that some users are hearing a similar unpleasant noise when the Sleepbuds rub against the pillow. 

As such, we are currently working on a decal that will be designed to combat this, which will be available from Bose once these are finished!

I would advise that you keep an eye on our social channels and Community main page, as we will be making announcements for these when these are finished.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Liam W - Community Support

pjfrank
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Seriously! What a joke!

kaiserh
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

I have this problem too. The squeaking is louder than I want to have the sounds playing and it keeps waking me up.

Is there a fix available?

Highlighted
Cashley8
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Hi, it’s really annoying isn’t it. I’m surprised that this wasn’t picked up during the testing phase.
I’ve tried a few different tapes and fabrics but they all still made the annoying squeaking noise.
The only thing that has made it better is by using double sided tape with the outer film left on, if that makes sense. It has a very smooth (almost oily) texture so it has eliminated the squeaking (yes!!!). There is still a slight noise of it rubbing the pillow but it is completely bearable and I’m sleeping a lot better now.
Hope this helps!
kaiserh
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

I might have to try this. I also have some vinyl wrap that has a texture on it - maybe this, not being so smooth as the plastic of the buds, will help stop the squeaking too.

Thanks!

pjfrank
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Sorry I meant this as a sarcastic reply to Bose’s post. This issue has been known since day one and Bose’s ‘we’re fixing it with decals’ has been around nearly as long. I think the only solution is to join the ‘plumber’s tape gang’. BTW I’m on my third set of Sleepbuds! Not a great product.

kaiserh
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

Yeah, from reading other threads now, it seems like they were aware of the problem last year:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Sleepbuds/Rubbing-Noise-On-Pillow/td-p/133020

and a fix was due in late December / early January:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bose-noise-masking-sleepbuds-sold-out#/updates/all

How long does it take to get some self-adhesive vinyl with the right texture and a hole punch?

Cashley8
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Ha I knew you were being sarcastic, I’m British afterall.
I also struggle with charging the sleepbuds, they look like they are connected with the light flashing but then when I check later they have stopped charging, this is pretty annoying too! Sorry to hear that you’ve had lots of problems with them! Were Bose good with replacing them each time?
Cashley8
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

KaiserH - I emailed Bose to ask for a vague timeframe of when these decals will be created, I asked whether it would be weeks, months or years and they couldn’t tell me. I find it bizarre as surely they’d have an approximate project end date for this. It’s a shame how we’re having to think of a solution ourselves........