NancyT
Participant
Registered since

Feb 12, 2021

Sleepbuds turn off during night but still charged

I received and started using my new Sleepbuds 2 last week.  Last night at 3 a.m., they were silent.  They'd been fully charged/charging all day and had been put on 'phone-free' the day before.  I hadn't changed the setting (play all night) or the sound selection.

They were working when I removed them from their case and put them in my ears around 9:30 p.m. last night.  They were silent when I woke around 2:30 a.m. and were still silent around 7:00 a.m.  Phone couldn't recognize them until I put them back in the case, waited for the light etc.  Phone app (the newest update) required that I remove phone-free mode to continue, but after I did, the app. indicated they still had a charge of >50%.

Our house/bedroom is extremely quiet, no traffic noises.

6 REPLIES 6
Jessie_O

Re: Sleepbuds turn off during night but still charged

Hey Nancy, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

Regarding the Sleepbuds, you will not be able to connect to them in phone free mode as they will not be emitting the signal as it is in phone free mode. 

Regarding it turning off, have you got a sleep timer activated? You can set this in the settings menu of the Bose Sleep application. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
NancyT
Participant
Registered since

Feb 12, 2021

Thank you for your reply.  No to 'sleep timer.' It was set to 'Playing all night.'  Last night the buds worked fine; the previous night I was using a newer sound.  Wondering whether they may be buggy, but I assume the recordings are all small loops.  I think I tried Island Hop.  People say your ears get used to the sound and don't hear it anymore, but that didn't happen.  To check, I removed the buds from my ears, listened to the room, put them back in etc. more than once, and there was no difference in sound.

I understand I need to reconnect manually after using phone free mode, but I wonder why when the buds have been disconnected from phone free and have been reconnected to the phone, I still have to go through the steps of connecting the charger to the computer, returning the buds to the charger, then removing them after the lights come back on, every time I want to change anything (NOT in phone-free mode). The phone doesn't recognize them without those steps.

Finally, does the charger really have to be reconnected to the computer first if it is already fully charged?

Keith_L

No worries NancyT, thanks for the update!

It's strange that the sound only seems to stop playing with the newer sound you used, have you tried any of the other sounds at all to see if they also stop playing overnight? You are correct that the sounds are loops that will play on repeat.

You shouldn't have to go through those steps to change settings on the buds if they are in use, the app should be able to detect the buds as long as they are on and in range. When you are going to change the settings in the app and the app is not finding the Sleepbuds, do you have the Sleepbuds playing anything? Also, what phone/tablet are you using the Sleepbuds app on?

By placing the buds in the case, then taking them out again what you are doing is turning them off then back on again. You can do this without connecting the charging case to power if the case has a charge.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
NancyT
Participant
Registered since

Feb 12, 2021

Thanks.  No, I haven't tested other newer ones to see if they turn off in the middle of the night and don't plan to do that.  My phone is a Samsung Galaxy J7, and it has the updated app.  I'm not sure sounds are playing when I've had to put in case etc.  For example, if I've gone in and canceled the phone-free, I think I've had to put the buds in the case to continue.  Then if I do something, then accidentally hit the back arrow on my phone and am no longer in the app, I have to repeat the process to get the buds recognized.  Sometimes I have to do that three times.  The buds are either in my ears (so I can decide what sound I want to play that night) or on or next to the phone.  They never seem to be recognized.

Vicky_W

@NancyT, I am sorry to hear this, please can you try the following for me:

• Clear the cache in the app, this can be done under settings. 
  • Uninstall and reinstall the app. 
  • Try pairing the buds and testing again. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on.

NancyT
Participant
Registered since

Feb 12, 2021

Ugh.  If 'uninstall and reinstall' means the sounds disappear and need to be reinstalled, I'd rather not waste hours of work just to see if the problem doesn't recur.