Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Sleepbuds - waking during the night - sore/hurt ears

I Purchased a pair of sleepbuds around 4 weeks ago and cannot seem to find the right size as I wake constantly during the night with sore ears. I do sleep on my side most of the night and do move around. They block out noise extremally well, but have a worse sleep given my sore ears waking me up. Have tried the small and medium buds over many nights, with no luck. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Sleepbuds - waking during the night - sore/hurt ears

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi AussieUser, 

Welcome to the Bose Community forums and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the discomfort you've experienced when using the Noise-Masking Sleepbuds. The Sleepbuds come with three differently sized StayHear+ Sleep Tips in Small, Medium and Large sizing. Whilst we try to create as wide of a scope for all customers, there may be instances whereby your exact fit is not an exact match. In some instances, it may be beneficial to try using alternating sizes on each ear. 

I'm sorry to hear about the service you've received from support in your region, but I encourage you to reach out to them again via telephone on 1800-061-046, Mon – Fri 8 AM – 7 PM AEST to discuss this further as we are regrettably unable to assist further via the platform of the Community forums for your location at this time. Additional contact methods for Australia can be found HERE.

If you have any additional questions or queries, please reach out again and we'd love to help in any way that we can.

Kindest,

Andy B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi brettv

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues!

I think the best option would to be call our Sleep Buds team as this definitely does not sound normal.  Here's the contact information: (800) 905-1273.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

I have the same problem with sore, hurting ears.  Apparently, I have small ears with a short ear canal so the buds push too far into my ear.  I've tried all the tips and find the largest one holds it out of the ear best, but not well.  I, too, sleep on my side and they hurt.  When I sleep on my back, all is well.  Also looking for suggestions.

Eileen

@brettv wrote:

I Purchased a pair of sleepbuds around 4 weeks ago and cannot seem to find the right size as I wake constantly during the night with sore ears. I do sleep on my side most of the night and do move around. They block out noise extremally well, but have a worse sleep given my sore ears waking me up. Have tried the small and medium buds over many nights, with no luck. Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 13, 2018

I had the same problem. I ended up using the largest tips. When I place them in my ears I literally set them in so the are "barely in" if you will. I find then that as I move they only settle in as far as they need and I no longer get the sore ears. HTH.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 8, 2019

I too have had similar issues.  I used them for 1 week.  Had pain, bleeding and even infection in one ear.  Stopped using them for a couple of weeks.  Used them again and the same thing occurred.  I have small ears as well.  I contacted Bose Australia and they had never heard of it and offered no solution.  Told them that I have a product I cannnot use and all they could say was sorry.  Is there some solution for this?  I notice that there are a quite a few people who have experienced this and it seems to be caused by the metal charging points which are cutting into the cartilage in my ears.  I am a long time Bose user and am very disappointed that Bose Australia have virtually wiped their hands of the problem.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi AussieUser, 

Welcome to the Bose Community forums and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the discomfort you've experienced when using the Noise-Masking Sleepbuds. The Sleepbuds come with three differently sized StayHear+ Sleep Tips in Small, Medium and Large sizing. Whilst we try to create as wide of a scope for all customers, there may be instances whereby your exact fit is not an exact match. In some instances, it may be beneficial to try using alternating sizes on each ear. 

I'm sorry to hear about the service you've received from support in your region, but I encourage you to reach out to them again via telephone on 1800-061-046, Mon – Fri 8 AM – 7 PM AEST to discuss this further as we are regrettably unable to assist further via the platform of the Community forums for your location at this time. Additional contact methods for Australia can be found HERE.

If you have any additional questions or queries, please reach out again and we'd love to help in any way that we can.

Kindest,

Andy B

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post