Sleepbuds with Pixel 3

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Sleepbuds with Pixel 3

I have a Pixel 3 phone with all the latest updates.  I have downloaded the sleep app (version 2.2.2), and can't get anything to work.  I have tried all the suggested "fixes" (uninstall/reinstall app, cold boot phone, re-check for updates, etc.) and can't get anything to work.  With both sleepbuds paired with phone, neither one will connect when opening app, it simply searches and then says "Bose Sleep Keeps Stopping".  HELP

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Sleepbuds with Pixel 3

Hi Pixel 3 user, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with using your Sleepbuds with the Application on your Pixel 3. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do everything I can to assist you!

Have you tried downloading the application on a different device to see if you are experiencing the same issues? 

If so, I would recommend resetting the Sleepbuds by grabbing a paper clip and inserting it into the hole next to the charging cable. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

I loaded the iPhone app on my wife's iPhone and everything worked as it should.  Since my previous post, I have been able to get both the right and left sleepbud paired to my phone however, when I take them out of the charging station, they will not connect to the phone when starting the app.  The app says searching for several seconds then closes down.  Then if I try it again, it comes up and says "Bose Sleep keeps stopping". How could resetting the charging station make the Sleep App work on my Android phone???

Hi Pixel 3 user, 

Thanks for coming back to me! 

I'm glad to hear that the Sleepbuds are behaving correctly with your Wife's iPhone. 

I would recommend removing the Sleepbuds from your Bluetooth pairing list, uninstalling the application, resetting the case, reinstalling the app and then reconnecting in the app only. 

The reset of the charging case has been known to help resolve some similar issues.

Kindest. 

Jessie O 

Quiet Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions.  I think I have tried all of these but I will give it another try, in the order that you suggest.  It may be awhile before I can get back to you.

Quiet Contributor

I tried all of your previous suggestions, in the order that you suggested and still cannot get the app to load.  The only thing I have been able to determine since the last post is that I can tell my phone to forget the pairing of the R & L sleepbud, then manually go through the process of adding a new device and get both the R & L sleepbud paired AND connected.  However, when I start the app, it still does it's thing of searching and then stops and closes.  Once that has happened, I can check the "connected" bluetooth devices and only the right sleepbud will be listed AND, if I attempt to re-pair the left earbud, the phone won't even discover that it is available.

Hi again, and thanks for getting back to us!

Thank you also for testing this in the order suggested and for relaying this information across.

My suggestion following the above is to forget the device from the iPhone (if this was not done already), and from your Pixel 3.

When these have been forgotten, take the buds out of the charging case and open up the Sleep app (without connecting via Bluetooth first) and attempt to connect these.

If this is still not working, please return to us!

Liam W

Quiet Contributor

I made sure that the sleepbuds were removed from both her IPhone and IPad and turned off bluetooth on both devices.  Then told my Pixel phone to forget them and then made sure that they were no longer listed as previous paired devices.  I removde the sleepbuds from the charger, started the sleep app and had the same results.  It say searching for a few seconds, then closes and the "Bose sleep keeps stopping".  At this point, I have spent two days trying to get them to work and  I am ready to return them.  I purchased them on Amazon, should I got through their process to return them?

Thanks for getting back to us Pixel 3 User, I am sorry that you are still experiencing issues. Please could you try the following steps in the order shown to try to resolve your issue:

• Delete the Sleepuds from both the app and your phones Bluetooth memory. To do this:
  1. Open the Sleep app.
  2. Remove the Sleepbuds from case to avoid an incidental connection.
  3. In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the gear icon to open the Settings screen.
  4. At the bottom of Settings, tap "DISCONNECT."
  • Update the charging case by going to btu.bose.com on a computer and checking that the charging cases software is up to date.
  • Go into your Sleepbuds app and ensure your Sleepbuds are running on the latest software.
  • Reset the charging case. To reset the charging case, insert a thin paper clip or pin into the hole on the back of the case near the USB connector. Press until you feel a click.
  • Try to repair the Sleepbuds with the phone. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Quiet Contributor

I don't think there is anything wrong with the sleepbuds themselves, they work fine when used with an Apple iPhone.  The proble is with the Android Sleep App and/or compatability with Android phones and possibily more specificaly with Google Pixel phones in general.  I have looked at dozens of reviews this morning and almost all that have a single star rating have to do with the same problem I have (the Android app itself will not open).  In the reviews, if the user identified the phone they were using, it was always a Pixel phone.  Is Bose aware of this issue and are they working to correct it.  If not, I will be returning my sleepbuds, I'm not spending $800 to $900 more to get an iPhone simply to make the sleepbuds work.