Some feedback to Bose on Sleepbuds

Friendly Fanatic

Re: Some feedback to Bose on Sleepbuds

If these options are available i will probably by a second set, because i use them day and night. They are so comfortable you almost forget about them (esspecially when they er open like mine) and walk to the local stores with your sleepbuds in. Smiley LOL

Friendly Fanatic

buy

Silent Starter

I want to also support the idea that the Bose Soundbuds have enhanced features for uploading og sounds.  

In the immediate term, please do the simple thing of adding 1. White noise 2. Pink noise 3. Brown noise to your noise library.. etc.   These are well know noise profiles that many people use.  They help users and are easily added

I own the Sleepbuds and would dearly loe to have pink noise

Hi LarryC1116,

Thanks for chiming in. Our engineers regularly monitor these threads and consider all suggestions.

Keep them coming!

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

Larry, try "Warm Static". It is pretty much what is considered "brown noise". But try some of the other sounds as well - you may find one you actually like better. (I prefer Circulate.)

Silent Starter

Thank you jonat.  I have noticed and tried "Warm Static".  I appreciate the reply.

The reason I am so interested in pink noise (and I assume others have similar interest) is pink noise has been shown to have special effects on deep sleep and memory retention.  Other synthesized noises, like white/brown/etc, do not have the same effect on the human brain.  As I understand it this is because pink noise is most the human brain wave.  I know this sounds like I've had one too many monster energy drinks so below are a few links from the research ... Bose please consider adding this pink noise sound to the library.  Better yet, contact Northwestern and sponsor their noise technoloby (patent pending?) and embed the technology/sound into the Bose SleepBuds, I think it'd make the product even better and provide a marketing slant

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2017/april/pink-noise-sound-enhance-deep-sleep-memory/ 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5340797/

Silent Starter

I would just like to recommend that a single sleep bud can be used on it’s own without having to take both out. This would be convenient for people like myself who only have hearing in one ear. I think these sleepbuds looks great and are very comfortable. I think they would make great hearing aids if they were fitted with a microphone or if they somehow use the phones microphone.

Hey pitchka747@gmail.com,

Thanks for the feedback, happy to hear about your experience. Just to let you know,  in "Phone-Free Mode" you only need to take the one Sleepbud out that is needed from the case and the sound will automatically play. This mode can be enabled from the settings menu within the app. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin 

Audible Advocate

Has anyone noticed a repeated sound like someone singing a very short part of a song while listening to Cascade and Showers? It’s driving me nuts because those two are what drowns out my husbands snoring but I find I’m listening to that and focusing on it more than the rain shower sound. I’m listening to it right now and have had to turn to something else. I love these sleepbuds but this is so annoying!
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

I hear it too. It's ruining my sleep more than helping!
You will probably get a reply from a Bose mod who suggests updating your app, resetting the charger case... Blah blah.. then when you say you have already done that you will get a beige message suggesting you contact Bose directly basically for a replacement or refund.
We have tried asking for update timescales which is routinely sidestepped so this basically leaves us ALL suffering.
As I see it we have two options:
Suffer it and go crazy or Stop using it.
I'm falling into the second camp at the moment, last night I switched off. Seriously thinking about coming back to them in a year, see if Bose have got their act together then.
These Mods and our treatment here are giving their brand a bad name.
BOSE you need to listen! We are NOT happy!