Some feedback to Bose on Sleepbuds

Audible Advocate

Some feedback to Bose on Sleepbuds

Bose, 

I used my sleepbuds for the first time yesterday - They are really well designed, comfortable and honestly, just cool.  Very nice work.  

I have a few suggestions on features I would like to see: 

1. As hsnewman suggested, having the ability to control the volume in each sleepbud would be nice. 
  2. There are times where I only want to use one of the sleepbuds, but you have to take both of the sleepbuds out to turn on. I can see reasons why that should be the functional requirement, but wanted to pass along this usecase. 
  3. Lastly, the reason I purchased these sleepbuds is because I have tinnitus and have trouble sleeping. I would say many people who have tinnitus would use these.  I understand these are not medical devices, but pairing these with some of the tinnitus relief apps (which a) provide other sounds and b) plays a tone which matches the tinnitus ringing, allowing the user to ignore the ringing - an example would be AudioNotch) would be very powerful.  I read the FAQ on uploaded music / streaming, but really hope Bose would investigate how to provide functionality for this usecase.  

Best,

Mike

32 REPLIES 32

Re: Some feedback to Bose on Sleepbuds

Hi Mike!

Welcome and thank you for writing in. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and design of the product. Awesome feedback here, I will certainly pass it along to the product team. 

If there is anything you need help with, please feel free to reach out anytime. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Audible Advocate

I completely agree with @mikebmassey.  I too suffer from tinnitus, mine due to high frequency hearing loss.  My ringing is @8K hertz.  I purchased the Sleepbuds due to my wife not wanting the white noise blasting in the bedroom (which I adjust to higher frequenies with the myNoise app).  Unfortunately, the buds don't work for me to mask the tinnitus, as the sounds seems to be in lower/mid frequencies. I end up hearing both the sounds and the tinnitus tone which is not relaxing at all.  If I turn them up so loud that it masks the tinnitus, then it is way too noisy to sleep.

I love the units themselves.  These would be wonderful devices for the millions of tinnitus suffers.  During the day, I often use the Whist app (which can tune the frequency of the sound to the tinnitus) and Bose earplugs.  If you could adjust a sound to the wearer for the SleepBuds, the would be a home run not only at night, but for tinnitus therapy during the day.

Also

- Agree 100% about the right/left volume controls. 

- There needs to be a separate course/fine volume adjustment or a better way to set volume (e.g., vertical instead of horizontal).  With the lag time and the way the volume control is now, it is been nearly impossible to get it just right.

Mike

Friendly Fanatic

I also have tinnitus, but find that I just need some other background sound to pay attention to, such as the Sleepbuds provide, to ignore the tone. Everyone's tinnitus is different, though - mine is probably not as severe as some.

In addition to the suggestions above, which are fine, I would like the alarm volume to ramp - start soft and then increase in volume over 10-20 seconds or so. As it is now, it comes on full at a volume significantly higher than the background sound.

Audible Advocate

Chiming in to eagerly endorse the suggestion of pairing with tinnitus relief apps. I'll buy a pair of these in an instant once they offer this feature.
Audible Advocate

Bose sleep buds are great except need individual sound control. I am almost deaf in the right ear and wear a hearing aid during the day. The sounds are great but needs to be balanced to be more effective and enjoyable. This from a disabled veteran. Thanks

Hi colbooky,

Thanks for posting. That's a great suggestion that we will pass along to our engineering dept for future development!

Have a great day!

Tony G - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

I agree and I bought these buds too because i have tinnitus (T) and hyperacusis (H) and i love them. I use them for sound therapy (habituation) and to improve my hyperacusis. The problem is when you have T and block your ears, T becomes much louder. So I modified my buds that they are open (see picture below). I can do soundtherapy all day now and do normal tasks and conversate. They are awesome.

However i would like to see the following options in the app:

- real pink and white noise options,

- sound mixing options (fe. create a mix of pink noise + rain + birds...).

- add you own custom made WAV sounds, so you can use your enhanced sound therapy files for hyperacusis. In H soundtherapy a custom made WAV file is made based on your audiogram.

- a % indicator on the volume, so i have a reference value, because for my H i need to increase volume gradually.

Questions for BOSE would it be possible to create your own app for the buds? Is the bluetooth connection open for third party developers?

sleepbud.JPG

Audible Advocate

I wholeheartedly endorse Mr. Gold's recommendations. With a number of those additions (in roughly that priority order) I would pick up a pair of these immediately.

Friendly Fanatic

I also completely endorse Mr. Gold's recommendations.

The first sounds I looked for were white/pink noise! I wouldn't mind loading them myself either, even if the process is a little roundabout!