Ears
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

The Thud of a Nightclub in my Sleepbuds II

Had the Sleepbuds on Rinse last night, and was awoken in the night to a 'BANG BANG BANG BANG'.

I took the buds out thinking it was the neighbour, but no, it was in the buds.

8 REPLIES 8
Hector_B

Re: The Thud of a Nightclub in my Sleepbuds II

Hey Ears, 

Thanks for reaching back out to the Community! Sorry to hear that you have had this strange experience with the Rinse sound. 

Is this something that you have experienced multiple times or just as a one-off experience? I'd also like to know if this is something that you have run into with multiple sounds or just the Rinse sound? 

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information on this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ears
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Hello Hector,

Thank you for your response. I use Warm Static and Rinse and have heard strange artefacts in both sounds. It was the first time I have had this 'thud' sound. With the Warm Static I have heard strange wind chimes playing a melody (that others have talked about) and also the sound a voice shouting off in the distance (I know it sounds crazy but it's true!) 

Thanks for your response and I would really appreciate it if you would continue this dialogue with me until we get to the bottom of it. I know there are many others on the forum who would also greatly appreciate it. If you could let me know if the technicians think they will be able to fix it, and when this might possibly happen, that would be amazing. This issue seems to be dragging on and on and so far we are completely in the dark about whether it is even being looked at. I hope I can rely on your continued feedback, thanks!

Hector_B

Thanks for updating me on this Ears! 

It's a very strange experience that you are having. Please do update us on if this noise returns. 

Can you please let me know if these sounds seem to occur at a certain point in the night or random? The reason that I ask is the audio may not actually be coming from the Sleepbuds and could be something from a dream that is causing you to think you heard something. 

If there was a noise that was in the sound, it would be something that is repetitive or noticed consistently. I will still be sure to raise this with our development team for you. 

I'd love to hear from others in the Community, to see if this is something occurring consistently. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Ears
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Hello Hector,

It happens randomly, but it rarely happens within the first hour or 2. I have also used them during the day, not for sleep but for noisy neighbours, and heard artefacts. Hector, I appreciate you coming back to me on this but with all due respect, there are dozens and dozens of reports of these artefacts. I mean the same exact sounds have been reported; wind chimes and yelling. Do you really think it is possible that we are all dreaming the same sounds? 

Charlotte_G

@Ears We understand your frustration, but we need to ask as many questions as possible to better understand the situation. If the artifact was part of the sound, you would repeatedly hear this sound as it's a loop. 

Have you been through any troubleshooting such as resetting the buds? You can do this by inserting a pin into the reset hole located next to the charging port on the case. You'll feel a click when this is completed.

Let me know if the issue occurs after this.

Ears
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Hi @Charlotte_G ,

Yes, I have tried the reset, but to no avail. I appreciate you need to ask questions, but my frustration comes from the fact that we surely must be beyond the point of ascertaining whether the sounds are real or in our dreams. I mean, there are so many people saying the same thing.

The sounds must not be in the loop, as you say, so perhaps some glitch from the app itself?

harrydog
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 15, 2021

Do we know how long the audio loops are? I also think they play from the buds not the app so doubt if its the app causing the problem.

Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

I think the loop varies between sounds. I’ve made the suggestion several times that Bose give us a choice of loop length. None of us really need to have ten sounds stored on the buds, so if we only want two we should be allowed the choice of a short loop (what we have now) a medium loop and a long loop. For those of us sensitive to hearing the loop, the longer sound option would solve the issue for many of us. I have no idea why Bose insist on only allowing us to fill the memory on the buds with ten or so short loops, just give us more choice and perfect the user experience.