Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Re: Bose Sleep App Update – 3.0.0 - October 1st, 2020

Why didn’t you just contact Bose to get the swapped each time? They’ve clearly supported users with replacements, so a little confused as to why you’ve needed to buy a new pair each time. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

Hi

Please see my reply above.

Good luck in the absence of bose tech.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

The new app got installed yesterday. This morning, MY ALARM DID NOT GO OFF. Unless Bose fixes this ASAP I will probably have to revert to the old version of the app someone linked to above.

Also, the sample sounds are very nice - but there is no obvious way to actually upload them to my Sleepbuds. What am I missing?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

Really sounds like the new app is geared up only for the new sleep buds. As far as I understood it, the new sounds only work on the new buds due to the new driver specs. Bose really should have ensured this app continued to work for the first version, or create a new app just for the new ones and leave the old ones as they were. This worries me for the future of sleepbuds 2 if simple mistakes like this are made. 

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Thank you for the reports regarding alarms after updating. We are investigating an issue on Android with the original Noise-Masking Sleepbuds where a previously set alarm does not play after updating to version 3.0.0.

In the meantime, you can work around this by setting a second alarm.

We appreciate your patience as we look into this issue. Please reply and let us know if this workaround does not work for you.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2020

Thank you for posting this.  Last night my Sleep Buds 1 didn't connect for the first time ever .. I was so irritated as I've used them without much trouble for the past two years.  I deleted v3.0 from my android then downloaded your link for v2.4.1 and updated the buds, and then downloaded v3.0 again and everything works!  

Thank you for sharing your fix and not just keeping it to yourself, that is greatly appreciated .. especially since getting a fix out of Bose is not in the cards.

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

We’re sorry to hear some users are experiencing an issue connecting to their Sleepbuds with the 3.0.0 version of the sleep app. We are looking into the issue and will keep you updated.

In the meantime, if you experience this issue, please try the following and let us know if this works:

• Force close the Sleep app (or power off your phone)
  • Toggle Bluetooth off and on
  • Reattempt the connection

If this doesn’t work, as a workaround you can uninstall the Sleep App and download the 2.4.1 version here. Then, update the firmware of your earbuds, then reinstall the 3.0 version of the app.

We would also love it if you could leave a more detailed comment about how you ran into the issue. Here are details that would be helpful for us to know for our investigation:

• Bose product model      
  • Bose product firmware version 
  • Bose app version             
  • Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce
  • Where do you run into the issue? Where and when did it first occur?
  • What services are you using that were affected and what version are they on? (E.g. iPad Pro on iOS 12.9)
  • When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?
  • Any troubleshooting steps you took

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

This was really helpful, thank you.  I am currently using the older version of the app to get by just now.  How do I update the earbuds? It's only asking me to update the app but if I do that again then I wont be able to connect again.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

I need link to download iPhone version 2.4.1 app.  Having same problem as described but not Android.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

@Wayne_M   @Charlotte_G  is it possible to get a link for the version 2.4.2 iPhone app?.  Having same issue as above but only the Android link is listed.  Thanks!