Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

UPDATE! Bose Sleep App Update – 3.0.1 - October 15th, 2020

sleepbudsii2.png

Update- October 15th

Starting today an update to the 3.0.1 version of the Sleep app will be available through the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Android users may need to wait for the update to become available. If you do not see the update available, you may need to refresh the store.   

The update includes:

• Out of box experience improvements – including better guidance for charging your product to optimize use
  • Stability improvements
  • Improved error messaging on Android for certain connection issues
  • Other bug fixes and enhancements 

Update- October 6th

Thank you for the reports regarding alarms after updating. We are investigating an issue on Android with the original Noise-Masking Sleepbuds where a previously set alarm does not play after updating to version 3.0.0.

In the meantime, you can work around this by setting a second alarm.

We appreciate your patience as we look into this issue. Please reply and let us know if this workaround does not work for you.

Thanks!

Original Post

On October 1st, a new update for the Sleep app will be available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. This update will be available for all users upon release. If you do not see the update available, you may need to refresh the store.   

Version Information

• iOS and Android: 3.0.0 

Release Notes

• Introduced support for Bose Sleepbuds™ II
  • Redesigned the Sound Library and made sound transfers faster
  • Added 20 new masking and relaxation sounds

Compatible OS versions  

• Android: 6.0 and up 
  • iOS: 11 and up 
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Re: Bose Sleep App Update – 3.0.0 - October 1st, 2020

Love this new app.  Well done.  I posted a video showing the new app: Click Here To See The Video

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

My sleep buds will no longer connect since this update. The app "sees" them when I take them out of the case, they pop up on the screen, but they won't connect. I've tried resetting everything. Airplane mode, restarting my phone, even uninstalling and reinstalling the app. HELP! 

Highlighted

Hey @Mollybethkern, sorry to hear you're unable to connect to the Bose Sleep app. 

You've taken some great steps already to try and resolve this. Do you by any chance have another device that you could try and connect with just for testing purposes?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

Ok I tried with a different device and had the exact same issue. It recognizes them when I pull them out of the case, but fails to connect then I get the boots we couldn't connect to your sleepbuds error message. I have been trying to text with support all day today and never got a reply. Please help me, this is the only way I can get to sleep.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

I am having the same problem.  For me I'm trying to connect for the 1st time with the new version of the App. 

If appears you can't connect a new pair with version 3.0.0 of the App.  The buds had to be previous connected before the 3.0.0 update.

I have tried connecting 2 separate pairs to v3.0.0 with no luck (Android).

How can I get the previous version of the app ?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

Ok  So I have 2 sets of sleepbuds less than a month old and up until you released your new app were working absolutely perfectly. Now neither will connect on either of my 3 devices. You need to roll back this app immediately or give people the option to re install the old app as the reason I have 2 pairs is a medical sleep issue.

You are very irresponsible sending out this update without properly testing it again. You are getting too lapse in your quality. 

Its time you took responsibility for your actions now please either correct the errors or roll back to previous app and give the many customers complaining here the product they paid hundreds of pounds for.

I await your comments.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 3, 2019

After further testing, it appears the problem is the android 3.0.0 app version does not recognize the buds without previously updating the buds.  

I updated the buds on an iPhone (with app v3.0.0) and after the update to the buds my android recognized the buds (app v3.0.0).

Problem is if you haven't updated the sleepbuds before the 3.0.0 update or popping in a new pair of buds for the 1st time, they will not be recognized on android with v3.0.0 (without the update to the buds).    Please fix or us to install the previous version for Sleepbuds I.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

OK further to and thanks to Miklosh13 for his insight into the connection issue.

Also the usual expected lack of support from Bose tech.

CONNECTION PROBLEM FOR ANDROID SOLVED.

1. Remove the bose sleep app from your device.

2. Download v2.4.1 from Bose here

3. Install app and update your earbuds

4. Delete v2.4.1 and reinstall v3.0.0 from app store.

5. Say thanks mate ill buy you a pint next time I see you in the pub as your sleepbuds connect without an issue.

NOTE TO BOSE. THIS NEEDS SORTING AS YOU ARE DISTURBING PEOPLES SLEEP AND THEY GET VERY IRRITABLE WHEN THAT HAPPENS. NEXT TIME TRY TESTING THE APP BEFORE REMOVING THE OLD VERSION. YOU ARE WELCOME.

<Moderator edit 10/8- removed link to mirror and replaced it with an official APK>

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

I am currently on my 3rd set of sleepbuds, spent over $500 on them so far. Since the OCT 1 software upgrade, the alarm has not worked. Am I expected to happily spend another $250 on the version2 sleepbuds?