Highlighted
Cured insomniac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Very inflexible customer service - sleep buds

Well that was fun.... I have to send back my wonderful sleepbuds because the left isn't fully recharging. Knowing that the product is being discontinued I asked Belgian/French customer services if I could keep the re charger, since I'm pretty sure there is nothing wrong with it.

I explained that since they won't be able to replace the re charger if I hit a glitch with the new one into next year, I'd really like to be able to keep mine as a standby - knowing that if I do send it back it will only be binned.

Got a very snippy response, 'But why???' 'But the two have to go together...' 'Yes maybe it will be discarded when you send it back, but you have to send it back.' 'Ah no madame we won't be able to replace into next year if you have an issue.' 'But why do you want to just send in the buds and not the re charger?' '

Because, as you've just said, if I hit an issue with the re charger next year, there'll be no replacement - ghaaaaaah. Hey ho, back it goes. They do, of course, have the series number in their system as I had to give that to them when getting the paperwork sorted for the returns. That has a bar code on it, which'll be attached to the packet - so it isn't as if they need the re charger to track the series number.

Wish there was a bit of flexibility given the fact that the product is being discontinued. Wonder if I was in the States or UK if I'd get the same response? Here it is like you're bananas to think ahead. Not as if this is the most robust product ever.

Now a perfectly good recharger will be binned, and if, by any chance, my new recharger has a problem next year, then that's that.

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Very inflexible customer service - sleep buds

From what I understand it's not the charging case that's the issue.  In making them so small they had to work with someone on a new battery and that's what's causing the issues.  So it probably wouldn't help if you kept the case.

Cured insomniac
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Re: Very inflexible customer service - sleep buds

Thanks Morlock, I agree, the prob is in the batteries within the sleep buds, apparently. But that doesn't mean the re charger will never develop a fault.... And I'd have liked to have had one on hand just in case. But to be honest, it was more the tone of the exchange that irritated me.

'Preciate the reply 🙂