Refused v
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 12, 2020

Re: Warm static issue on sleepbuds 2

Just tested the Amazfit Zenbuds and I would say Bose still has the edge. 

The Zenbuds have potential though because Huamei are still working hard on them, but unfortunately I’ve found that they have similar blip issues in the sound waves. Their version of warm static (which is called pink noise) has a creaky repeating sound on it too, but they’ve responded quickly to my queries so hoping they might improve it! 

Althea Layter
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

Also hearing a faint and distant yelling sound with Warm Static and the loop is so short that it happens frequently. Cascade also has a sound anomaly that loops frequently but not creepy and annoying like the one in Warm Static.

Denziloshamen
Advisor
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

I swear the sound files are getting crossed interference from other files stored on the buds, or they use similar ‘ingredients’. I can’t remember which sound I was listening to, but it has this odd repeating whooping sound that repeated three times, once loud then quieter for the second too. I then flicked on to Rainforest that was saved next to it and, lo and behold, that whooping sounds was a bird that was very prominent in the sound file. I’m therefore wondering if the music and chimes and can hear in Warm Static and also Rinse and some other sounds are in fact pollution from other sound files. I’ve tried loading up the buds full and then deleting every sound out and then uploading the ones I want again, but still hear the chimes (I think I’ve described it before, but now think it’s best described as electronic wind chimes). I think it could be the alarm sounds polluting, but can’t be sure. This is why I think we so badly need a tuning solution so we can remove ingredients we don’t like (see my most recent post):

https://community.bose.com/t5/Sleepbuds/An-idea-to-make-sounds-customisable-for-the-user-please-post...

We can influence changes to be implemented by Bose if we all support each other’s suggestions and keep posting improvement ideas. If we don’t post, Bose will assume they are not issues people consider significant enough to add to their improvement roadmap. 

Lisa P
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

I use warm static too since it has the most bass which I need. I know the issue you are having as well and have found that if I put one or both buds back in the case they seem to reset. If you still have that spike happening then maybe swap them out for a new pair?

Lisa P
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

You aren’t going mad LOL, I have heard that as well from time to time, even with the first version. I put them back in the case for a few seconds then insert them again which often does the trick. 

Lisa P
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

I will trust Bose (not perfect as we all know) over a Chinese knock-off like Amazfit. 

jsvhere
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

Add me to the list 😞

I used my new sleepbuds for 5 nights with no problems. Last night I was awakened by this strange ping about every 10 seconds. Warm Static is the only sound I use so I hope Bose fixes this soon. 

Sleepexpert
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2020

Warm Static sounds like wide band Pink Noise. It is very flat. I do hear a faint 'generator sound' in the noise stream. No shouting or repeat glitches.

Sleepbudl
Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2019

You're not mad -  I had the same problem with Sleepbuds. Haven't ordered Sleepbuds II yet.

gumps
Participant
Registered since

Nov 1, 2020

You are not alone. I am starting to think there is subliminal messaging programmed into the sleep sounds. 😀