Anne2
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

Re: Warm static issue on sleepbuds 2

I totally agree. The warm static sound on the Sleepbuds 2 is also very different from the one on the original Sleepbuds. On the new Sleepbuds the sound is at a higher pitch and more in the foreground. On the original Sleepbuds the sound is a lower tone, more of a soothing hum, and more in the background. It is also much louder on the Sleepbuds 2 and it is still very loud to me on the lowest possible setting. The quality of warm static is very different on the Sleepbuds 2. I am asking Bose to please make warm static exactly the same as on the original sleepbuds, to lower the volume and to lower the tone. I am also asking for other dark static sounds at very low pitches.

Anne2
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2020

Warm static does now sound like wind rather than a genuine single uninterrupted continuous low fuzzy monotone note, as it did on the original Sleepbuds. It sounds very similar to Crosswind actually and just a version of it. I'm also hearing a high pitched continuous loop above it, just like a fly or bee buzzing around and around. Annoying. The original Warm Static was lovely so please Bose restore it! 

lcaprese
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Yes. For me the sound on the right bud becomes louder all of a sudden, then the volume recedes again. This happens with every loop. I used the Warm static with Sleepbuds 1 and I loved it. Now I can't even use it because I get anxious because I can detect the loop. Please, Bose, bring back the sound of the first sleepbuds! 

jimh12345
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

The OP is spot on, there's a louder 'woosh' every 10 seonds, and other rumbly stuff. They've messed up this track, which is the only one I'ved used for over a year.

I'm trying others, but finding other very noticeable glitches at 10 second intervals.

Bose absolutely has to improve these tracks. It's just simple audio editing, I could do it myself if I had access to the files. There is no excuse for not fixing these issues in an update.  

EAMOBY123
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Don't bother with the Amazfit Zenbuds, the sound is too quiet and effectively does not mask noises

EAMOBY123
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Why on earth can't Bose just upload a pure white noise or pink noise track, no weird rumbling or humming in the background? Seems like their sound engineering team need a serious re-shuffle in personnel as this inconsistency is just not what I come to expect from Bose.

I used Cascade at highest volume and it starts off with some weird tribal singing overriding the "cascade" noise. Then at 3am or thereabouts there is a beeping noise which wakes me up and keeps me up, not soothing or relaxing at all!

I am surprised that everyone who purchased these isn't screaming from the rooftops about these issues!!

jsvhere
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

Has anyone noticed any changes or improvements with the looping, weird background noises in Warm Static or Cascade? Bose sent me a new set after I told them about this issue I was having, but it did not help, the new set did the exact thing...I reported this again, and they decided to send me a 3rd set!! I have not opened this box because I know the same thing will happen.  I don't think the get it. It's probably the App...not the buds!!! I noticed that the ios app was updated last week and was wondering/hoping this issue has been fixed??

jimh12345
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 18, 2017

I doubt this has anything to do with the hardware - it's pretty obvious they changed the track for some incomprehensible reason.   I can't use it any more.   

I've given up on Bose - they're never going to produce the product I want, they'll only do "loops". I no longer recommend Sleepbuds to friends.   Now I'm looking for ordinary earbuds that are comfortable enough for side sleeping, so I can use a white/pink/brown noise app on my phone.  I'll just have to deal with the cords.

jsvhere
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

I agree. I don't understand why they changed a good thing. I've moved on as well.

I requested a refund the last time but they would only send me a new set since my first purchase was back when sleepbuds came out, 2018. They suggested that I sell the new set to get some money back. Honestly I don't feel right about selling this to someone who might experience the same as I so I'll just hang on to them for now and hope they will fix the issue eventually.

I've tried some other earbuds but the battery life is only 7-8 hours.

Currently I'm using the Samsung Galaxy + Buds with the myNoise app which as a custom white noise setting. So far this is going ok for me. Not as comfy but I'm getting use to them.

They claim an 11 hour battery life on full charge and so far no issues...

lcaprese
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Is there any news on that? I am sending my sleepbuds back for a refund, I couldn't stand the artifacts in pretty much all the sounds. It's disappointing because the first generation was perfect sound wise. I hope they will fix that, I will buy them again as soon as they have. Right now 300 bucks is not worth the annoyance every night.