Highlighted
MaryZ
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

When will Bose recall the noise cancelling earbuds?

What will it take for Bose to issue a recall on their Noise Masking Earbuds?  I’m on my 2nd set and having more problems with this replacement set than I did with the 1st set.  Clearly, from the amount of posts you have regarding these faulty earbuds there is a manufacturing problem.  I was so happy when I first got my earbuds because it finally seemed like I could get a good night’s sleep because it masked my husband snoring like a freaking freight train.  About a month or two in the left earbud would only charge to 43% and on occasion to 58%.  That would have been fine except it would only hold a charge for about 4 hours.  I did the suggested fixes and updates - didn’t work.  So, Bose support sent me a replacement set.  A month or so in, I’m back to the same problem only it’s actually worse this time.  The left earbud is losing it’s charge after about 30 minutes.  Having one working earbud is no good.  They have essentially just become an expensive set of ear plugs.   I really hope Bose can figure this problem out and I hope they do the right thing and issue a recall.

3 REPLIES 3
ace_v
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Re: When will Bose recall the noise cancelling earbuds?

I am on the same boat. My sleep buds have not charged fully and so I'm not getting a full night's rest. Unfortunately, I've learned that this forum is merely a "peer-to-peer" support system, so Bose likely is not going to be reading any of these complaints. Contacting Bose customer support will only lead to an offer of a replacement, and not really addressing the issue (it's as if they are treating this obvious engineering flaw as just "bad batches" and that a new one might fix it.)

For some customers, they've been complaining of this issue for months now, and we still have not heard any official word from Bose addressing this issue.

I'm leaning more and more towards just asking for a refund and going to https://quieton.com/shop/

toriellen
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 17, 2019

Do those QuietOn earbuds actually exist now?  I thought they were only pre-order.  I'm very curious how they compare, and if they work consistently! 🙂

ace_v
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

As far as I can tell, older versions exist (even one meant for dentists / patients). Still waiting on the newer model and read up on reviews for it.

Speaking of reviews, if you look at Youtube for Bose Sleepbud reviews, you'll see plenty of old reviews that are positive...but if you look at the comments on those videos, you'll see plenty of recent comments complaning of the 58% battery issues as well as the magnets coming off. Really poor product by Bose, and it seems they are not listening to any of the complaints.