Highlighted
mishkin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

Where is the 7.0.0.0 firmware?

A post from Bose earlier this week mentions a 7.0.0.0 version of the firmware. I went to btu.bose.com, installed the firmware updater onto my Mac, plugged in my case into the Mac. Then btu.bose.com reports I have the latest firmware but says that I have 2.00.00. How do I get the new firmware version?

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 5.55.17 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Where is the 7.0.0.0 firmware?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi @jwbyrne and @mishkin,

For added clarity - there are two differentiating firmware versions for the Sleepbuds, one for the Sleepbuds themselves and one for the Bose Sleep application, and as such you will see two different values.

Additional information relating to the most recent firmware releases can be found in the thread HERE.

Please reach out if you have any additional questions and I'd love to help.

Kindest,

Andy B

6 REPLIES 6

Hello Mishkin,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the update.

Just to confirm, what product is the update for?

Thanks 

Prince O

mishkin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

I'm looking to update my Sleepbuds.

Hi,

Thank you for fast reply Mishkin.

Have you tried updating it through the Bose Sleep App if is not working on a manual update?

This can be done by following the steps below:

• The Sleep App alerts the user that app that a product update is available by displaying an update icon
  • Tap the update icon to start the update
  • Wait while the Sleepbuds update. This typically takes a couple minutes. Do not put the Sleepbuds in the charging case during this process
  • When finished, follow the onscreen instruction. "To finish the update, place your Sleepbuds back in the case. Wait for the lights next to them to pulse, then remove your Sleepbuds."
  • After removing the Sleepbuds from the case, tap "Got it" and the Sleepbuds should reconnect to the sleep app.

Try this and let me know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Prince O

jwbyrne
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 19, 2018

I think it was mentioned that this update is only available through the app.

mishkin
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

That seems to have worked, thanks!

BTW, just to see what's up, after I completed the process I went back to btu.bose.com (with my case plugged into my Mac) and the site still reports that I have 2.00.00 even though the Android app now says things are up to date. Is the whole btu.bose.com mechanism now deprecated--i.e., I should always manage the Sleepbuds through the app?

Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Hector_B

Hi @jwbyrne and @mishkin,

For added clarity - there are two differentiating firmware versions for the Sleepbuds, one for the Sleepbuds themselves and one for the Bose Sleep application, and as such you will see two different values.

Additional information relating to the most recent firmware releases can be found in the thread HERE.

Please reach out if you have any additional questions and I'd love to help.

Kindest,

Andy B