Won’t charge past 58%

Audible Advocate

Won’t charge past 58%

I’m adding my frustration to the many posts of buds not charging beyond 58%. I have two sets of buds, because I bought a second set less than 2 weeks ago when my original set (after running the latest update) started not charging beyond 58%. Now my new set which is less than 2 weeks old is doing the same thing. $600 worth of sleepbuds and they aren’t worth anything!!!

I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting ideas that have been listed... nothing!

This needs to be fixed! I firmware update needs to released to fix this! And it needs to happen fast!
13 REPLIES 13
Silent Starter

Re: Won’t charge past 58%

Mine won’t connect at all. Tried everything, I put in a return for a new pair

Hello Akarver,

Thank you for your message, welcome to the community.

I am very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this issue with your Sleepbuds. If the troubleshooting within the forum have not proven to resolve this charging issue you are experiencing, I would encourage you to get in contact with your regions official Bose Product Support team, an agent will happily assist you with this further. 

Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Appreciate the response, but can you confirm if there is a fix being worked on for this issue? It seems to be a systematic issue, it’s not a coincidence that after the last firmware update many people have started having this exact same problem, and if the replacement buds are running the same firmware, they’re going to have the same issue.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

I am now part of this frustrated group! Right ear bud not charging at first now the left one! Yes they are on the charger right, the case is charged and yes I reset the case.  Seriously Bose...you are premium product company, it seems there is a serious issue and all the canned responses just say to call the support line and it seems the answer is sending customers a replacement pair that seem to stop working too?  All my issues started 41 days after I bought them...conveniently after my 30 day return period!  Very disappointing...especially for cost. 

Audible Advocate

Same exact situation. Right bud won’t charge past 58%. This is my second time this has happened. It is the on the replacement set.
Audible Advocate

Just terrible! Come on Bose...make it right.
Quiet Contributor

Same problem here . Im not going to return mine because clearly its an issue most people are having.
Audible Advocate

I returned mine today for a replacement set. I will see if they work...if not I want my money back. I figure they have to know that this is a widespread issue with current models already in use so hoping some work is being done with newer models. 

Silent Starter

Exact same problem here Smiley Sad

There is no way that the 58% is a coincidence - it is clearly some kind of bug in the latest version of the app. Since I can't get past 58%, I can't transfer any new sounds.

And worst of all, Bose support says they are not under warranty, but I can get a $50 discount if I order a new pair... Please Bose, help fix this and take responsibility for your defective product.