Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 14, 2019

Re: Won’t charge past 58%

I ordered my second replacement pair last night and I was told that the engineers are working on it. They’re saying any new buds being sent out have the latest firmware. However my second replacement buds soon as I plugged them in had to have an update and I didn’t do it because of all the issues everyone’s having.  My second pair after 2 months the right bud just stopped working one night.  

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Today my new (4th bose sleepbds arived. As I described yesterday, I followed the pocedure. Now I am install the latest version, with the folowwing message:

Bose Noise-Masking Sleepbuds™ 

There’s an update available for your product!

Update Now
 Version 2.00.00

• Fixes instances where charge case doesn't fully charge sleepbuds™
  • Improves how quickly the charge case detects that a sleepbud™ has been inserted

So hopefully it is fixed now!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Any luck with the new software update? I ask, because I also recently updated the new firmware on both the sleep buds and the charging case, and am back to square one with the 58% left bud charge.  The new update for the charging case worked briefly & now I am back to the original problem. I have reset the case, uninstalled/reinstalled the sleep app, used the Bose updater app, etc. I get that it's a sofware glitch, but...WOW. I'm figuring if I can't get this set to work out, I'll be swapping them out again over the weekend at my local Bose shop. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2019

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 2.07.27 pm.png

the updater says i'm on the latest version 2.0.0...still the right earbud refuses to go beyond 58% :'( And i've tried using a different phone with a fresh app install. I've reset the case a thousand times. tried charging just the left one, then just the right one. tried charging the right one on the left side...nothing has worked. i will call bose UK tomorrow and go through the motions but i must admit that with everyone experiencing 58% it can't be a coincidence, something very wrong is going on with the earbuds. other than that they are great

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Did you update new ears? Or where they already broken?

I believe the fix will only work on a new pair. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

I have yet to return my first pair which are about 1 year old. The 58% issues started after I updated the firmware to the sleepbuds. Just recently updated the case but the issue still occurs. What is the point to reutnring these buds since they seem to keep shipping ones that will eventually get the issue. I t has to be sometype of firmware issues that Bose needs to address in Engineering. 

For my buds, I have to hit the case reset three times and sometimes to right bud will get past 58%. Most of the time it stays at 58% with the right bud loosing battery life after about 5 hours. Have no issues with the left bud.  Soemone needs to put pressure on Bose to address this issue as I have read that some users are on their 5th pair. We need to buds for a good quality sleep, so Bose please fix the underlining problem. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

@thescot123 wrote:

I have yet to return my first pair which are about 1 year old. The 58% issues started after I updated the firmware to the sleepbuds. Just recently updated the case but the issue still occurs. What is the point to reutnring these buds since they seem to keep shipping ones that will eventually get the issue. I t has to be sometype of firmware issues that Bose needs to address in Engineering. 

For my buds, I have to hit the case reset three times and sometimes to right bud will get past 58%. Most of the time it stays at 58% with the right bud loosing battery life after about 5 hours. Have no issues with the left bud.  Soemone needs to put pressure on Bose to address this issue as I have read that some users are on their 5th pair. We need to buds for a good quality sleep, so Bose please fix the underlining

problem. 

Read my posts

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Right after I posted, I went and returned my sleepbuds at my local Bose store. They easily swapped them out and noted it's common for Bose to be slow to respond to this stuff. *sigh*.  As soon as I got home, I made sure that the charging case software was up-to-date before I did anything else. The new case was already updated, which was nice. But now I have another totally weird problem that I have to look into -- The charging case lights won't light up anymore, even though the sleepbuds are charging. 2 months ago, the magnets on my initial set came apart. Replaced that no, problem. Now there's this whacky 58% charge software/firmware problem, which you would think should be an easy software tweak.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

On my 5th pair. Same problems as everyone else. Why can’t BOSE FIX THIS?!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Really wish they'd fix this issue, but there has been no indication the company is even interested in fixing it. They'll just keep replacing your units until you lose motivation to ask for another, it seems. We're all stuck with a faulty product with no plan for a solution in sight.