Felixgerlach
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Re: annoying hum/buzz after a few hours

Many people have the same problem, see here:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Sleepbuds/High-pitch-sound-problem/m-p/176449#M1377

Bose repeatingly suggests to exchange the sleep buds, but this didn’t help anybody here. I got my fourth pair now, still the same problem.
Just disappointing, especially for a brand like Bose. Shame on you.
Negan_TWD
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 1, 2019

Having the exact same issue. In the first night they were completely silent, but at the 2nd or 3rd night they started to have a really annoying background noise whenever I was playing a Bose sound. 

It is some faint, high pitched twitter, sounds a bit like a cricket but with a frequency of 5-10x per second. It is not loud, but it's definitely noticeable and focusing on it is enough to drive you insane.

I even exchanged my first pair with a new one but it's having the same issue, tho it twitters a little bit less than the first one. If it keeps doing it I guess I have to refund them. God **bleep** it 😞

c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Yeah if you bought within 30 days. I have the exact same problem. If not within 30 days:

*YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO A REFUND*

No one will help.

If replacements don't work, the solution is a replacement..
dandrewk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Please don't assume that replacements don't work.  They do.  For many, many people including myself.  And Bose' customer service gets an A+ in this regard for the speed and ease in replacing the buds for free.

I understand many of you have had recurring issues, and I do sympathize.  But lots of folks are getting and can get great benefit from these buds, so dogmatically rejecting any solution as futile isn't helpful.

c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

And yet the fact remains that if replacements don't work then......

I'm down £229 and Bose agreed they have no solution to offer. Thanks for your insight.

Negan_TWD
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 1, 2019

Nobody claimed that a replacement will never work.

But me as well as many others already tried that and it didnt work. One guy in this thread already replaced his pair 6 times and it still didnt work. And sorry but I dont want to ask Amazon for one replacement after the other until they blacklist my account permanently, just for the chance of maybe being so lucky of getting a pair that actually works and just because Bose's developers did a mistake.

And a replacement from Bose is no option for me either cuz it takes very long each time and it nullifies the chance for a Amazon refund. I think refunding and just waiting until this issue has been officially fixed by Bose is the best option for me.
c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Ditto.

Highlighted
davidtunney
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

I returned mine in thirty days to get the refund. same problem as others here. Obviously a design flaw. Pity as good concept.
40Winx
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

I am glad to hear that a replacement has worked for you. May I ask how long you have been using the replacements for?
Did you get any explanation as to the future of this product as regards updates of any kind?
40Winx
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

⬆️ comment directed to @dandrewk