Re: annoying hum/buzz after a few hours

Hi all,

I just wanted to jump in here and let everyone know that if you are having issues with your sleepbuds that standard troubleshooting won't help I would suggest contacting your local Sleepbuds team for help. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

dandrewk
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

@40Winx wrote:
I am glad to hear that a replacement has worked for you. May I ask how long you have been using the replacements for?
Did you get any explanation as to the future of this product as regards updates of any kind?

I've had the replacements for over a month.  I had a longish conversation with tech support.  I should mention the number given here is a direct number and will get you to a human immediately.  Try doing that with the cable company.  Even better, the tech support is product specific, so the person you talk to knows the Buds better than you.  There is no "reading from a script" by someone they just hired.

And they are VERY aware of all the issues and try their darndest to help.  The guy I talked to said the BT issues relate to the latest updates and changes in smartphone operating systems and BT protocol issues.  These affect (according to him) a small percentage of users and they continue to work on solutions.  I think "phone free" mode is a perfectly acceptable temp solution for the majority of users who don't need to Buds as an alarm clock.

40Winx
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Update to my personal situation.
I have arranged a refund and the operator was very interested in the poor product and the poor service offered here in the online community by the moderators.
He wanted to know specific names of moderators ignoring direct questions and also admitted that this is the first product regarding wellness that Bose has ventured into, stopping himself short of admitting there was a persistent issue for many.
I am glad to be rid of them personally but hope they do manage to resolve this in future.
To everyone else, if you are struggling and a refund is an option then I strongly recommend you take it. Other than that I commiserate with you through your struggles and I wish you the very best.
For those who don't have any problems and they work fine... You are honoured, truly enjoy the sleepbuds on behalf of the rest of us!
davidtunney
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

Surely at this stage they must be talking about a recall?

Negan_TWD
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 1, 2019

Almost 3 months later.... I assume that this issue still isn't officially fixed? ;/

Community Manager

Hi Negan_TWD,

The Sleepbuds are still available from Amazon, and the performance that you're currently experience is not to be expected. Should you be experiencing issues, as noted above, please reach out to support in your region via our Global website HERE by selecting your location and using the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the page.

Kindest, 

Andy B

davidtunney
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2019

I know the above type of reply is well intentioned. However it is not helpful. We know that the problems exist, we know they are common - what we don't know is what the cause is and if a v2 of the product is coming.

That information would be helpful. Saying "it shouldn't happen, ring tech support" is not.

digitalmediaphile
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

I've been through 3 exchanges since I purchased these (when they first arrived at retail). I've never resolved this issue. I gave up after 3 exchanges. At that point it was too late to get a refund. The product is flawed and not fixable.

Highlighted
c3ll4r_d00r
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Yeah no refunds allowed, sucks huh. Back on ear plugs.