Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

best way to preserve spare sleepbuds

I have a new pair of spare sleepbuds. What is the best way to preserve them as a backup for my

currently functioning other pair?

1. put them away
  2. keep them charged
  3. use them alternating with the other pair

Thanks for any info.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Re: best way to preserve spare sleepbuds

Did you buy a second pair? I must admit I'm so dependent on mine that I'm almost tempted....

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2020

I have the same question. I got my second (sealed) pair on the way. Not sure how should I handle them if chances are I wont use it for a year.

- should I use it parallel with my current set?

- should I use it occasionally?

- just keep it in the box, letting is stay in storage/shipping mode?

If anyone could answer this i would be very happy.

I did some research on silver-zync batteries online and only thing I found, that discharging it to 0%-20% will reduce battery life.

Regards

Peter

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2019

I have the same question. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

I have the same question too!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Can anyone from Bose please answer this question? I payed black market price for my second pair on ebay, would be good to know how to keep them lasting.

Hi all,

I hope your Sleepbuds have served you well so far! If you're looking to alternate with a second pair, I'd recommend keeping both sets charged and using both sets frequently to ensure the battery is regularly operating. I'd advise this rather than leaving one pair to the side and not using it for extended periods of time. Also, you'll find great benefit in having a second pair fully charged and ready to use when needed!

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2020

Thanks a lot Sam, really appreciate your help!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Peter,

I have had my 2nd pair of SleepBuds for 1-1/2 years now. I experimented on the replacement pair by only charging the box first without the SleepBuds inserted. I charged the box till there were 5 lights lit. Then I disconnected the power from the box and inserted the SleepBuds as normal. In about 5 hours both SleepBuds were charged to 100% and repeated the process next day and after that. The key, I believe is to charge the SleepBuds with the box fully charged and NOT connected to power source, I believe that the batteries get fried when connected to power supplied charging box. Don't know if this works on previously flawed SleepBuds or not but give it a try.