Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 26, 2018

connecting to Huawei

I have a Huawei Honor lite. I have had trouble connecting the buds to the phone, succeended only once after many trials.

Now the reason seems clear: On Huawei's web page ("P8 smartphone FAQs V1.4.docx Section 1.8) they say that

"Huawei phones do not support the locating and connection of Bluetooth BLE devices (low power consumption and wearable Bluetooth devices) in settings."  and according to Brandon_M "The Sleepbuds use a version of Bluetooth called BLE".

As a solution to this dilemma Huawei web-page suggests "Download the app corresponding to the BLE device from Huawei App Center and install the app on the phone." Presumably the version they have on their web-page can solve this problem.

Using my desptop Firefox I was able to find their version at http://appstore.huawei.com/app/C100381499, and when I tried to download it I got a file by the name "com.bose.corporation.bosesleep.1808220957.apk" and size about 53 MB. But since this was on my desktop I could not actually download it into my phone. When I tried to repeat these steps in my phone I was forwarded to a fully Chinese web-page  which had the same sofware logo but I do not know how to download it from there.
Questions:

What is the best way to circumvent the no BLE support of Huawei phones.

1. Does your "Bose connect" take care of this?

2. Does the version downloadable from Huawei app site solve the problem, as their web-page claims?

3. If yes, can it be downloaded from you?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 26, 2018

Re: connecting to Huawei

Author Accepted Answer selected by JarmoH

Since Huawei does not support "Bluetooth Low Energy" BLE something else must be done.

My final solution, with which I am now living, is the phone-free mode. To get that do the following:

1. Find another tablet (every household probably has several)

2. Download the latest sleepbud software, the one that supports phone-free more.

3. Set the buds up for phone free mode. Choose the sound, set the volume and for time set "all night long" because you can always take them off. Make sure that the volume is not too high because you cannot change anything in the phone-free mode.

This method works for me. I usually take the buds with me when travelling (without a tablet), in order to hide the discussion/snoring in the next hotel room.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi JarmoH

Thanks for writing in!

The Bose Connect app was designed to connect with our Bluetooth products, and the Bose Sleep app was designed specifically for the Bose Sleepbuds.  It seems that the phone may be incompatible with the headset.  BLE is not something that can be added through a different version of an app, and perhaps Huawei support might be the right channel to contact.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Hi

Have you had any luck with this? I'm having the same issue with Huawei's honor view 10 not connecting to the sleepbuds...
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

I would appreciate knowing what to do with my Huawei p9 lite. The switch for on-off doesn’t work.

Highlighted

Hello Kimberly Astrand, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues connecting your Sleepbuds to your Huawei p9 lite. Can I please ask for more details about the issues you are having and more specifically what you mean when you say the on-off doesn't work? 

Once I have this information, I would love to work with you to resolve this issue. 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 26, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by JarmoH

Since Huawei does not support "Bluetooth Low Energy" BLE something else must be done.

My final solution, with which I am now living, is the phone-free mode. To get that do the following:

1. Find another tablet (every household probably has several)

2. Download the latest sleepbud software, the one that supports phone-free more.

3. Set the buds up for phone free mode. Choose the sound, set the volume and for time set "all night long" because you can always take them off. Make sure that the volume is not too high because you cannot change anything in the phone-free mode.

This method works for me. I usually take the buds with me when travelling (without a tablet), in order to hide the discussion/snoring in the next hotel room.

View solution in original post