ear soreness

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

ear soreness

I have been struggling with the same issue and have contacted Bose support and was told there is nothing they can do. I am currently cutting off tiny strips from those corn/callus pads and placing in between the to prongs. It provides enough cushion to keep the prongs from cutting my ear and although it takes a moment to properly place them so they can charge, it’s worth the struggle. The sores have cleared up!! Reading through everyone’s posts and seeing a representative from Bose responding from time to time is what prompted me to reach out to them. I’m curious if there is nothing that can be done “according to the guy I spoke with” why are we being adviced to contact them. It would sure be nice to see a revised cover that will not expose the charging prongs so I don’t have to keep modifying mine every couple of days.
2 REPLIES

Re: ear soreness

Hi Tami R.,

Thanks for posting. I am so sorry to hear that the Sleepbuds were giving you pain in your ears. With different ear sizes sometimes special adjustments need to be made. It does sound like you worked out your issue and we appreciate the tip. I am sure it will help a lot of users who might be facing the same problem.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Re: ear soreness

This is only a temporary fix and has to be redone every couple of days however I am hoping Bose comes up with a more permanent solution to what seems to be a very common problem.  This temporary fix with the "cushions" is helping but does create greater issues making sure the prongs are exposed every morning when I place them on the charger.