left sleep bud volume is much lower than right sleep bud

Highlighted
Silent Starter

left sleep bud volume is much lower than right sleep bud

significant volume difference between left sleep and right sleep bud

11 REPLIES

Re: left sleep bud volume is much lower than right sleep bud

Hi arkink,

Thanks for reaching out. I am so sorry to hear about that. Could I ask, have you tried updating the headphones to the latest software by using the Sleepbud app or by going the btu.bose.com on your computer and following  the instructions?

Please come back and let us know how it goes

Tony G - CommunitySupport

Silent Starter

Thanks for the suggestion.  Just updated the soft and firmware.  Plugged the headphones in and the left is much quiter than the right

@Tony_G wrote:

Hi arkink,

Thanks for reaching out. I am so sorry to hear about that. Could I ask, have you tried updating the headphones to the latest software by using the Sleepbud app or by going the btu.bose.com on your computer and following  the instructions?

Please come back and let us know how it goes

Tony G - CommunitySupport

the right

Hello arkink,

Thank you for testing that for us. 

I'm sorry to see this didn't resolve the issue for you. Please contact the Sleepbuds team at 1-800-905-1273.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Silent Starter

I too have had the problem of one sleep bud with lower volume than the other. The first time it was the right bud that was lower volume. I called Bose and they were great about sending a replacement pair. I have been using those now for a couple of months and they worked fine. Then, after the last software update a few weeks ago, the left sleep bud volume was diminished by what seems to be 50% of the right. I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 12.0.

Hi KHowat,

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry to hear about that. There was a Sleepbuds update yesterday that might help. I would recommend updating both the case and the Sleepbuds and seeing if that helps.

Regards,

Tony G 

Animated Arbiter

This might not have happened to you but last night I turned the volume down and then realised later that the left bud had disconnected and so remained a lot louder than the right bud, and at first I couldn't understand why the difference in volume. Eventually after fussing about trying to reconnect with that bright white app I gave up and put earplugs in. Need to remember to force stop the app next time.
Quiet Contributor

I am having the same problem. Left bud works but volume is WAY low. Tried updating case & buds. No improvement. Any other suggestions?

Hi Mamachris, 

Thanks for writing into the community and sorry that you're having this trouble. Can you please try resetting the charging case? To reset, please insert a thin paper clip into the hole located on the back of the case until a click is heard.

Then, let's refresh the connection by forgetting the Sleepbuds through the app (Tap the gear icon and scroll down to " Forget Sleepbuds") and re-connect them. 

Let us know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin

Quiet Contributor

Ok I tried that and it doesn’t make it any louder. When I slide the volume down it is not a smooth decrease, almost like it is cutting out.