"Ping" sound in the middle of the night

Audible Advocate

"Ping" sound in the middle of the night

Hi,

My sleepbuds are making a weird (single) "Ping" sound in the middle night, which (ironically) wake me up each night. It seems to happen just once a night, but at seemingly random times. I've checked every setting in the app for what this sound could be, but I'm unable to figure it out. The battery level is at about 80 to 90% every morning, I don't have the low battery warning set, I don't have an alarm set, and I'm using the latest firmware. Does anyone have any clue what this sound might be, and how turn it off? Thanks.

Regards.

21 REPLIES 21

Re: "Ping" sound in the middle of the night

Hey jdn9818!

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us. Sorry to hear about your experience, that is unusual hear. 

Can you please try resetting the charging case to see if that helps? To reset the case, insert a thin paper clip into the hole located on the back of the case until a click heard. 

Can you also verify the version of the Bose Sleep app and Sleepbuds firmware?

Do you notice the "Ping" across all the sounds? 

Please let us know your findings when you get the chance.

Thank you again!

Mohsin - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

I have the same issue and am reluctant to use the buds again as I don't want another interrupted night's sleep. Bose need to be aware of this issue. Is there any update from other users please?
Audible Advocate

Hi there. I have exactly the same issue. As far as I can tell it happens once per night, but at varying times. One ping in the left bud, then one in the right a couple of seconds later. The first one seems louder, quite loud, but that might just be my perception or hearing. Note that I currently use the sleep buds without a sound playing so it seems more to do with the buds themselves rather than any particular sound. I have made sure the firmware on the case is current and the buds and app are also up to date.

Would be great to get this sorted as it does disturb. It is a real shame as the product is good otherwise. Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for posting, I am so sorry to hear about that. I would recommend contacting your local Sleepbud support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Hi
I too have the same problem. Fantastic product apart from this one issue. I have tried resetting the charge case, no change! I have tried contacting the service guys on the link provided...... no reply. Where to now, Bose???🤞🤞🤞🤞
Audible Advocate

Hi
I too have the same problem. Fantastic product apart from this one issue. I have tried resetting the charge case, no change! I have tried contacting the suppory team on the link provided...... no reply. Where to now, Bose???🤞🤞🤞🤞
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

It sucks doesn't it.... For a sleep aid it's ruining our sleep!!
So many of us having this problem. It kinda defeats the object.
Unless you want a refund or replacement then Bose really can't help us.
What we need is an update from the tree ABOVE these pathetic moderators.
All we get is a standard template "Thanks for posting, I am so sorry to hear about that. I would recommend contacting your local Sleepbud support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."
It's an absolute joke.
The honest response which would restore our confidence in the brand would be an update of timescales for a future app update.
Even if it's a long way off it would give us hope but for now, with nothing on the horizon it's as good as over.
Bose... Are you even listening to your customers?
Please respond.
Friendly Fanatic

I would echo all comments above - Bose this is an identified issue, what is your response? "Local" support unresponsive and no help. I would like either a refund or ideally a fixed product!
Friendly Fanatic

Bose - the courtesy of a response please?