suggestions to the forum

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

suggestions to the forum

I'm a new member.. I've only visited twice.  I've just started using sleepbuds.

1st... there should  be "spummcheck"  -- Spell check!   on this forum.  That misspelling did not even register.

2nd  have different "Searchable"  threads for similar topics..... products, tech issues, service help, general use, etc.

I had to read many posts to find answers, as I did not want to start a new topic that had already been answered.    I learned some helpful things, and see that others had some same questions.

It seems several are upset with the level of expertise and help from tech support.

Bose is supposed to be a quality product, with many years of great products, but tech support is not up to that image.  I called about my sleepbuds not being controllable by my iPhone's volume buttons.  The tech told me something was wrong with my settings, as hers don't have that problem.   After checking  and finding nowhere to do this, I called back, and talked to a different tech.  He asked my iPhone version.  I have an "8" ,, and so did he.  He said the "10" has settings for phone volume control, but he has to do the same as I...... open the phone, open the app and then use the slider to control.... Very inconvenient in the middle of the night, when realizing I needed more volume to mask our noisy heater fan --  I have severe hearing loss, and the noise wakes me,  which by the way doesn't bother my wife who has excellent hearing.  But I find I have to increase the masking program volume to cover the noise.  But by the time I have gone through the process, I am wide awake.... 

This seems an easy upgrade to those of us who do not want to spend the extra $$$ to upgrade a perfectly good phone.

5 REPLIES
Friendly Fanatic

Re: suggestions to the forum

My appologies.... I just found the "search" option.  But it sure wasn't obvious.

Friendly Fanatic

Got an email asking if my question was ansered.....

Sirs.... no I did not get answers from a Bose tech.  only thoughts from other users.

#1 -- put spell check on the forum....

#2 -- come up with an update to current "older phone" apps that allows the phone volume controls to control the volume of the app.

#3  -- possible separate volume controls for left and right..

#4 -- Rather than having all the sounds on the earbuds... make room for actual noise suppression to counteract background noise changes.

Thank you... RichardM  a hearing impaired user.

Hi richardm,

Thanks for the posts!  Sorry for the delay, but definitely great suggestions!  I'll be sure to forward this along to our Community manager and development team.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Friendly Fanatic

I have a  love / hate relationship with these buds.  When I turn in for the night,  I set a volume for ambient sounds, but when the heater comes on.... I have to wake the phone, open the app, then adjust the slider.... heater finally turns off, now the volume is too loud so I repeat the sequence to lower the bud volume....  unless I just bear with it until the heater cycles, but then I'm awake anyway... As I said... why can't the buds connect to the phone volume controlls.??... then I just reach over and change the volume.... Such an easy update it seems, to make them more user friendly....... , but I am not a programmer.... BTW..We close the vent in our bedroom, so the noise is elsewhere in the house, and  we do set our thermostat very low, so the heater comes on very early 3-4 am when/ if the house cools to that temp... so sometimes we are successful, and the heater dosn't come on.... but forced air is noisy.... hence the need for the buds.

Hi richardm,

Thanks for posting. That's a great suggestion that we will pass along to our developers for a possible future update.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support