500 Display Behaviour

Friendly Fanatic

500 Display Behaviour

Playing Spotify from the Bose App.  I've taken to listening to some white noise at night on the speaker.  So basically I have a track on continous loop. I've noticed a number of weird display glitches with this apparently simple usecase.

The display will either:

1. Show a music note
  2. Show a blank screen
  3. Show the album art work glaring all night long!

The next night the display may, or may not do the same thing. 

I guess displaying the album art is the desired result. When I'm listening to a track on loop like that, it franlkly just becomes an annoying night light. Is there a way to dim the display, or have it turn off if the same track is looping?

-Mike

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 500 Display Behaviour

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues with Album Art.

Does this only happen with Spotify?  Does it also happen when using Spotify Connect?

Please let me know so we can investigate this.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

In this scenario I'm only using the Bose app.  This usecase might help:  I have a preset to a playlist that contains 1 track of whitenoise.  I play this on a loop all night.  At unknown intervals (I'm asleep), the loop breaks and the display shows the music icon.  This had been working perfectly for about 2 weeks and started faulting 2-3 days ago. There's plenty of wifi signal, but perhaps it's related.  

Thank you for clarifying!

I've seen a few other threads started by customers that have had the same issue, and it seems to have resolved itself with a power cycle of the Home Speaker 500 and wireless router.  Can you test these (even if you have tested already)?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

I seem to be powercycling this unit every other day for Wifi and muted playback issues.   Also force killing the app on my iPhone due to it not syncing up with the status of the unit.... 

I'm not particularly concerned with the display but feature wise, I'd like to be able to "mute" it by dimming or turning it off all together (night light problem).  Currently I get around this by putting an envelope in front of it.  

Hello Comfuzed,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I absolutely agree you should not have to be performing resets every day for your Home Speaker 500 to function correctly.

We suggest contacting customer support over the phone for further assistance with this. 

If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a number will be displayed.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support