Airplay 2 Integration?

Friendly Fanatic

Airplay 2 Integration?

Its midway through "early 2019", when are we getting Airplay 2 feature ?

I purchased the Home 500 speaker solely because it was well advertised that Airplay 2 will be integrated sometime in "early 2019!"

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Airplay 2 Integration?

Hi Bosemutant,

Thanks for the question.  There's no further information regarding Airplay 2 except that it is coming .

When we receive any further information, we will let you know!

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

@Brandon_M wrote:

Hi Bosemutant,

Thanks for the question.  There's no further information regarding Airplay 2 except that it is coming .

When we receive any further information, we will let you know!

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

You call this an accepted solution??

Reveal your release notes of the upcoming firmware update: 3.0.13/14 ans let your costumers know what they really can expect. Be al little more transparent! 

Silent Starter

How Bose have handled this issue regarding Airplay 2 is just ridiculous, if i' ve had enough money i would not hesitate too switch over too Sonos immediately.

And when they on top of this, also introduse a new Bose series which is not compatible with the Soundtouch app, well that is pissing on your customers.

The same goes for your moderators standard answers too questions regarding the Airplay 2. They might aswell just not respons.

But time will learn you that treating your customers like s***, will finally cause your company great damage.

Regards disappointed customer from Norway.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Hey Bose Moderators .... Early 2019 is almost getting done with ... When is Airplay 2 comming ?

Strident Supporter

Reminder for Bose Team
Audible Advocate

This is not a solution.

I bought a bose SoundBar 700 last year because it was advertised AirPlay 2 was coming EARLY 2019.  If I had know this beforehand it would have taken so long and there wouldn't be any concrete information about the release date I would have chosen a different brand.

Yet the development team is only busy adding yet another batch of Alexa commands, a feature that is only supported in selected markets while AirPlay will beneft everyone.

Smiley Sad

Audible Advocate

Please, give us more information about. Customers spent a lot of money in Soundbar 500 and 700 and your response is not what we expected. EARLY 2019 is ending.
Friendly Fanatic

Hi Bose, 

+1 on this

Please update the community on this situation. AirPlay 2 (or AirPlay in general) is a large feature and customer base you have and we are still totally in the dark on the status.

The only comment is early 2019 ... this is nearly over.. 3 months into 2019 and no updates, please communicate with an update/expectation.

Cheers

-Stu

Strident Supporter

+1