Re: Airplay 2 Integration?

Hi all,

I understand your eagerness for this feature to be added and assure you that it is still on the way. However, our knowledge is the same as it was three weeks ago, and we do not have a precise date for Airplay 2 integration.

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

@Patrick_A wrote:

Hi all,

I understand your eagerness for this feature to be added and assure you that it is still on the way. However, our knowledge is the same as it was three weeks ago, and we do not have a precise date for Airplay 2 integration.

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Hey Patrick A

Many thanks for the update, good to know it's actually coming down the line, that's reassuring. I don't believe we're after a specific date (would be nice though) but more of an updated window of expectation. As currently were under the impression of early 2019 and were almost over the first 3 months 🙂

Cheers

-Stu

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Would be good to know what early 2019 means for bose. For me early 2019 ends with 31st march.
Danger17
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 14, 2019

The copy/paste response has had me steering family and friends towards Sonos for months. It wouldn't take much to change this, simply say "we're aiming to release in the next couple of months" or "we're having some problems with the integration, and we have no ETA"

Twan_D
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

To +1 it again and for Bose to see what is being written:

This is from a dutch article:

Speakers en receivers met AirPlay 2

De meeste speakers hebben nog geen ondersteuning voor AirPlay 2, maar krijgen dit door middel van een software-update. Opvallende afwezige is Bose, terwijl die fabrikant al in 2017 aangekondigd had, dat het ondersteuning voor AirPlay 2 zou gaan bieden.

Translated:

Speakers and receivers with AirPlay 2
Most speakers do not yet support AirPlay 2, but will receive this through a software update. Strikingly absent is Bose, while that manufacturer had already announced in 2017 that it would offer support for AirPlay 2.

Make it official with a hard date before the ending of early 2019 it will do good for your brand name make your costumers satisfied.

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

I am curious why it is that Bose cares so little about its customers that all that can tell us is we have no information yet.

Who at Bose can answer this question? Can you provide us with a way to contact someone that can give us an answer. I don't think that I am asking for to much here. It has been over a year now with the same response for Bose. 

stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Hi Bose,

Another two weeks have passed and we're not in early 2019 anymore I'm afraid ... please, can you give your customers an update on an estimated/expected AirPlay 2 capability?

From the looks of things, reputation and customers are dropping like flies because of this.

Cheers

-Stu

Hey Bose Community,

Our sincere apologies for any miscommunication that has come as a result of our planned integration with Apple AirPlay 2. We assure you this is coming, and we know this has been long awaited for. We're actively testing this new feature right now, and will be releasing it as soon as it is ready. 

Our mission is to ensure that our customers are getting the best experience possible with our products. This means that we have to do extensive testing to get it right, making a release date uncertain. We know this can be frustrating, but we think you're all going to love Apple AirPlay 2. We can't wait for you to try it.

The community will be updated soon as to the status. Very soon.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G

mpf541
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

So this is the same thing we have been hearing since the day airplay 2 was announced. I am starting to think that you don't know how to do it. Why is it just about every other manufacturer that has announced this feature is providing it. When will Bose have it availble whern airplay 3 is announced. 

I hope you still have customers left then. Myself I am mstarting to look at other manufacturters that are able to stay caught up with tecnology. Bose can't even supply dolbly 7.1 systems or dolby atmos. 

But I can always come here to this forum to get theser questions answered. O wait what you will really tell me is you have no idea when it will be avaiable but you are testing it. Well just so you know i am testing other systems as I am tired of having a bose with very old technology. Bose word does not mean very much any more. Very poor track record with providng any updates.