Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Will991
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2020

Airplay 2 broken after adding portable home speaker

Hi 

I have owned a soundbar 500 for a long time now, with zero issues - Alexa integrated fine, Airplay worked well and the device showed up in Apple HomeKit application.

yesterday I purchased a portable Home speaker and after setting that up the soundbar disappeared from Airplay2 options on my phone and changed to ‘cant control this device’ in HomeKit.

i have tried removing it from my account and adding it again. This only succeeded in causing the speaker to vanish completely from Apple HomeKit and being unable to add it again, however it still works fine as a speaker for the TV (paired with Bass Module too) and Alexa is fine too - it just seems like adding the portable home speaker blocked the soundbar from Airplay2.

suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Airplay 2 broken after adding portable home speaker

Author Accepted Answer selected by Will991

Hi Will991, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with Airplay 2. I will do all I can to assist you! 

I would recommend resetting your Soundbar 500 system. You can do this by unplugging the system for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once complete, try connecting to airplay again. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by Will991

Hi Will991, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with Airplay 2. I will do all I can to assist you! 

I would recommend resetting your Soundbar 500 system. You can do this by unplugging the system for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. Once complete, try connecting to airplay again. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Will991
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2020

Thanks I actually googled for factory reset for both the soundbar, bass module and the portable speaker, disconnected Alexa, wiped all Bluetooth devices, etc. and started from scratch - all working now, but would be good if you had an easier way to find guides on how to factory reset by device.