Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

Alexa does not turn off the soundbar 700

When I tell Alexa to turn off the sound bar she is not able to turn it off. She ask what device I want to turn off and when I say the sound bar again ask, I say finally none and put it in mute.However if it is able to turn it on, although the TV is not able to turn it on at once.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Alexa does not turn off the soundbar 700

Hi Goyser,

Thank you for the post.

I was unable to recreate this issue you're experiencing with your Soundbar 700.

For example, I name my SoundBar 700 "Basement" and if I use the command "Alexa, turn off Basement" it turns the soundbar off and the same thing if I want to power it on. 

Are you giving the command to the name you gave the soundbar in the Bose Music app?

Let me know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

Yes, I use the same name I gave him in the Bose Music app ("soundbar"). In the Alexa app he also has the same name. He asks me what device I want to turn off, I tell him the soundbar and he asks me the same question again. In the end I have to turn it off with the remote.
I have it connected to a LG TV (LG UH770V)
However when I want to turn it on if it is turned on, although it is not able to turn on the TV as well.
It would be nice if in a future update you could turn on and off the TV with Alexa while turning on or off the sound bar

Thanks
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Goyser,

Thanks for the reply and clarifying that for me, I appreciate it.

Can you try removing your Amazon account from the Soundbar 700 and add it back? Let me know if this changes anything.

As for your recommendation for Alexa to turn your TV on as well, I will pass this feedback along to development.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

I have done what you have told me and it remains the same. I think it can be on TV. Anyway, I do not care if the TV can not be turned on and off.
Thanks