Alexa routines/skills on Soundbar 700

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Alexa routines/skills on Soundbar 700

How do I get the Alexa routines to worok on the soundbar 700? It seems like I can't control volume etc. Is the Skill for Alexa not ready?
3 REPLIES

Re: Alexa routines/skills on Soundbar 700

Hi Aquagene

Thanks for posting in the Community!

At this point, the Alexa Routines are not supported by the Bose systems yet.  However, you should still be able to change volume or power on/off the system with the Alexa commands.  Could I have you go to the Bose Music App and remove the Alexa voice assistant from the Soundbar 700 settings?  At this point, when you reconfigure Alexa, it's important to follow the voice commands Alexa is asking to complete the setup.  When Alexa prompts you to turn on the speaker with your voice, this is the point where the Bose Skill (not SoundTouch) is activated.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Silent Starter

Thank you for the quick reply. 
I'm able to turn on and off the Soundbar, however not able to ask bose to Mute for example. Is this a skill that is not added yet?

Hi Aquagene

Thanks for the update!

Are you trying to mute the microphones on the speaker to disable talk back with Alexa or just trying to mute the sound from the source that's playing?

If it's the former, the only way to disable the microphones is to touch the mute button on the top of the speaker.

Warm Regards,

Tony A