Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anruvel
Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2019

Alexa unstable with spotify in Bose Home Speakers 500

Good morning,

Recently I had adquired one Bose home speaker 500 and I'm very glad with the quality of sound but I can fell this speaker doesn´t work very well with Alexa and Spotify.

With Deezer and Tune in, at least in Spain, Handling Spotify is horrible. We can´t do an intensive use of Spotify because systems hangs all the time using this application. The problem that it seems to be a saturation in the pool of requests to Spotify, maybe a bad issue with the flushes of sockets channels or whatever. Really I am sure this is a software problem, maybe in the side of Bose or side of Spotify with the api uses, I don´t know. The fact is it isn´t run propertly.

The only way to solve this issue is rebooting the device or shutting down the wiffi in the device and power on wiffi again. It seems that solve the problem, at least for a while.

If you change the presets quickly you will get the same issue, system hangs and you could be waiting a lot in order Alexa answer at your requests but the mayority of times it not occurs, and the light of Alexa still showing blinking in white mode.

It's funny that issue not occurs if you select in your presets with dezzer or tune in. Only happen with Spotify, combining use of voice (request for music) and changing presets quickly at same time.

I have the devide updated with the last firmware version, the last application in my smartphone, my wiffi is very stable (I make an intensive use of this wiffi everytime with one Homepod without problems on it). I would like to remark this only occurs when I am using spotify with this Bose device.

Last day I was getting a funny bug when I combine the use of Airplay 2 and quickly I was triying a petition to Alexa for some music in Spotify, the system hang and I hadn´t be able to make any request to alexa of anything even I hadn´t able to make another kind of petition, simply Alexa was hangs.

I was trying a lot of thinks regarding to solve this issue, I was unpluggin the bose home speaker 500 (more of 30 seconds) from the electric supply and pluggin again but the issue still happening in a time if I make intensive use of the spotify and request a lot.... so the conclusion for me, it seems to be a throuble with software.

Thank you for your patience reading this topic.

kind regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Alexa unstable with spotify in Bose Home Speakers 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by anruvel

Hi Anruvel, 

Thank you for providing this information, It was most helpful. 

I would recommend removing Alexa from the App and re-adding it to see if you experience the same issue. You can do this by going to the circle in the bottom right, clicking on Settings and then Voice Assistant. 

Let me know if this helps with your issue!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Hector_B

Hi Anruvel, 

Thanks for posting and sharing what troubleshooting you have already done with us. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue, however I would love to assist. 

Could you please tell me a little more information about your set up: 

• Do you have any Wi-Fi extenders, Boosters or Repeaters? 
  • What device are you using the application on? 
  • Have you attempted to delete and reinstall the app? 

We look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
anruvel
Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2019

hi
I'm not using one extender. It is a tp-link router TL WR940N. No problem with any device
connected on in. No problem with homepod/ipads/smartphones at same.
My smartphone is iphone se.
I hadn't attemp to uninstall or delete my app. I have installed the alexa app too in order to link my skills and preferences

thank you for your soon response
Kind regards
Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by anruvel

Hi Anruvel, 

Thank you for providing this information, It was most helpful. 

I would recommend removing Alexa from the App and re-adding it to see if you experience the same issue. You can do this by going to the circle in the bottom right, clicking on Settings and then Voice Assistant. 

Let me know if this helps with your issue!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

View solution in original post

anruvel
Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2019

Good morning,

It seems more stable.

Will see.

Thanks a lot.