MusicMutant
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

Apple Music & Airplay 2 on Bose 500

I just read that other Alexa enabled devices would soon get Apple Music integration. is this true if yes, what would be the time frame to that to come to speaker in the subject.

Also eagerly awaiting Airplay 2 to be enabled in this speaker!

18 REPLIES 18
Community Manager

Re: Apple Music & Airplay 2 on Bose 500

Hi Bosemutant,

Thanks for writing in!

I can't speak to the Apple Music portion, however, I can tell you that Airplay 2 is coming in 2019 to our Smart Home speakers.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

MusicMutant
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

This is just FYI (so that you can pass on the info to the concerned team)...

on 17th Dec'18 Echo devices got Apple Music intergration, and recently Amazon tweeted that other Alexa enabled devices will have Apple Music soon.

Me from India and that is only international streaming service we get here spotify, iheartradio,siriusxm etc etc are not available yet... Hence being desperate and passing on this info to you so that your concernred team is aware of various developments and geographical constraints so as to give apt services along with your speakers (I ain't saying you aren't aware, you may be, but my stressing the facts would help you to serve us better 🙂 )

Tulanekenny
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

I’d like to echo this question. If you can’t soeka to a time frame, can you speak to whether Apple Music is intended to be added? Streaming to Bluetooth is fine but negates the “smart” portion of the speaker. I’d love to be able to control via voice control and use my Apple Music playlists and etc. I’ve not gotten much in the way of response or direct answer so far but it seems a simple question - will Apple Music be added, if so, any time frame would be great as well!

Hi Tulanekenny,

Thanks for the question.  We can't say whether or not Apple Music will be added in the future.  If we hear anything from the development team we will update the community.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

MatyForde
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 7, 2019

@Brandon_M wrote:

Hi Tulanekenny,

Thanks for the question.  We can't say whether or not Apple Music will be added in the future.  If we hear anything from the development team we will update the community.

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Why can't a firm date be given for airplay 2 integration?

Hello MatyForde! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

We are not able to provide any further detail about the timeline for integration as that information is not available to us. We are aware that this feature is eagerly anticipated and Bose is committed to providing Airplay 2 functionality via firmware update in 2019. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

alockbox
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Didn’t you guys used to say EARLY 2019?

Now that we’re in 2019, the company line has quietly transitioned to “in 2019”.

Hello alockbox,

Thanks for posting.

We apologize for the misunderstanding. 

Airplay 2 functionality is still slated to be released early 2019 for our Smart Home product line. The SoundTouch product line will have this introduced later this year as well.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

BSoko
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 29, 2019

One month down in 2019 and still crickets from Bose, nothing but empty promises when it comes to the Airplay 2 updates. Should be sued for false advertising.