NiallC
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Audio Latency with with Bose Home Speaker 500.

Hi,

I have 3 Bose devices:

-Bose Soundlink 2

-QC 35 Headphones

-Bose Home Speaker 500

I am experiencing Audio Latency with with my Bose Home Speaker 500. 

When I use it with Bluetooth the Audio Sync is off. When I connect using the same laptop using Bluetooth with my other two products they are synced perfectly.

I have updated all the drivers, Bluetooth, audio. graphics etc.. and still only the Bose 500 is out of sync.

Seeing as its the most expensive of the products this is frustrating and doesn't make sense.

Is it faulty? Is there anything I can do to fix this problem.

(I know I can connect other ways to play audio but I need to use Bluetooth sometimes.)

Any help would be appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Niall

4 REPLIES 4
Tegan_M

Re: Audio Latency with with Bose Home Speaker 500.

Hi Niall, 

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this, I would love to look into this with you. 

When you are experiencing this latency, what products do you have grouped together in this time?

Are you referencing this audio to video?

Do let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
NiallC
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

Hi Tegan,

I have the speaker connected with bluetooth and a projector connected with a HDMI lead. 

Other speakers work perfectly with the projector it's just when I use the 500 speaker I experience latency. 

I think the video is actually slower than the audio.

Thanks,

Niall

Tegan_M

Thanks for confirming this Niall. 

This is normal, when you are viewing video with your projector and using a Bluetooth connection, you're going to experience a lag due to the Bluetooth processing. To eliminate this, I would suggest in using a direct AUX connection. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
NiallC
Participant
Registered since

Apr 10, 2020

But my other two Bose devices and other bluetooth speakers sync perfectly? They are also much cheaper so it doesnt make sence. 

Is there a way to reset the speaker? 

Thanks appreciate your help.

Niall