ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

BMApp - Group Speakers - Play SimSimulultataneousneouslyly

Hello,

these days i tried the function »Group Speakers« within the Bose Music App (Android 1.4.5).

Here https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/using-groups.html i read:

Using groups
Applies to: Bose Home Speaker 500, Bose Soundbar 500, Bose Soundbar 700
If you have multiple Bose smart speakers, you can simultaneously play the same sound from two or more speakers by creating a speaker group.

The group consisted of two Soundbars 700/500 including the corresponding Bass Modules. During playback there was a time lag of approx one or two seconds between the both Soundbars. It sounded awful.

• Is this normal behavior?
  • What can you use that for?
  • Will Airplay 2 be the solution - simultaneity?

Or in short, what does simultaneously in Bose wording mean?

Kind regards,
ybo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: BMApp - Group Speakers - Play SimSimulultataneousneouslyly

Author Accepted Answer selected by ybo

Hi Ybo, 

Thanks for writing back! Really do appreciate the information you are providing and will be happy to help you!

Can you confirm if the local media server is a NAS drive and could you also use TuneIn on the Bose Music App to test to see if the group will play in sync?

In regards to your question: "Side effect: The invited group member (soundbar) turns on the TV. For what reason?"
It could be that when the soundbar is included into the group, it is turning the TV on via the HDMI CEC connection between the soundbar and the TV.

If you could confirm about the NAS drive and if the sync issue is the same while using TuneIn and get back in touch that will be really appreciated. 

Warm regards 
Liam - Community Support

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi ybo,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• Can you confirm which source you're playing while in a group?
  • Have you been able to test anything from the Bose Music app like Tune In radio?
  • Have you been able to reboot the systems and router by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Hi Tony A,

Regarding to your questions:

Can you confirm which source you're playing while in a group

The source is my local media server or the tv tone itself. The soundbars are connected via HDMI-ARC to the tvs and the tvs have access to the server (LAN/WiFi).

Have you been able to test anything from the Bose Music app like Tune In radio?

No, i do not use all these streaming services.

Have you been able to reboot the systems and router by disconnecting power for 30 seconds?

Yes, i did, but the time lag between both soundbars is still nearly 2 seconds. So it is useless for multiroom purposes. Side effect: The invited group member (soundbar) turns on the tv. For what reason?

I presume there is no syncing protokoll at work at all. It seems to be a kind of poor man's multiroom solution. If you get any news i would be glad to hearing from you.

Kind regards
ybo

Author Accepted Answer selected by ybo

Hi Ybo, 

Thanks for writing back! Really do appreciate the information you are providing and will be happy to help you!

Can you confirm if the local media server is a NAS drive and could you also use TuneIn on the Bose Music App to test to see if the group will play in sync?

In regards to your question: "Side effect: The invited group member (soundbar) turns on the TV. For what reason?"
It could be that when the soundbar is included into the group, it is turning the TV on via the HDMI CEC connection between the soundbar and the TV.

If you could confirm about the NAS drive and if the sync issue is the same while using TuneIn and get back in touch that will be really appreciated. 

Warm regards 
Liam - Community Support

ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Hello Liam,

You have put me on the right track. Yes, the local media server is a Synology NAS. And yes, the time lag only occurs when i involve the TV as an UPnP/DLNA renderer. Playing TuneIn or using the soundbar direct as an UPnP/DLNA renderer, there is no time lag at all. It really sounds great.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards
ybo