achalvirus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

BOSE Sound Bar 700 and HISENSE TV remote Configuration

Hi,

I have recently purchased SB700 and must admit it is highly addictve and was blown away by it`s performance.

The SB has been setup properly and everything works as expected however during configuration of universal remote, configuration via normal setup doesnot copy compete functionality of Hisense TV (55K3300UW) remote only TV button works ,things like the Home button to select netflix or youtube app as Hisense remote didn`t work on universal remote.

However after configuring remote via advanced option where i key in the model number of the TV. I am now able to select the NETFLIX app other APPS. But the settings button as in Hisense remote didn`t exist in universal remote. Both Menu and Home button works same leaving no room for settings as Hisense remote.

Hence Is there a procedure to setup universal remote manually using code. As I would like to try other codes.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: BOSE Sound Bar 700 and HISENSE TV remote Configuration

Hi achalvirus,

Thanks for writing in!

It sounds like in this case, the specific button isn't mapping over with the current code list.  This can happen with universal remotes because they were designed to control a lot of different devices.  I will forward this along to our development team to see if this can be corrected with a future update.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support