Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajkappala
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Bass module 700 making a popping/fluttering sound

I have a Bose 700 soundbar with sub and rear surrounds. 

I recently puruchased this device and the bass module 700 makes a popping/fluttering sound. Almost like the inside speaker has a lose connection and trying to come out. When I first purchased this device the bass had a similar issue and since I had 15 day return policy with Bestbuy. I went a head and exchanged it with another one. Now recently this is starting to do the same. 

After reviewing some review it looks like some customers are going throught the similar problems, this is very frustrating. Specially this device is not cheap and I would expect a 700 dollar piece of equipment to not have an issue with in a month and specially I'm a big fan of Bose and this is really disappointing. 

What is the best soultion for this ? Now that my return policy is expired i'm not sure what to do. Hope to get some help here. 

Thanks 

12 REPLIES 12
Charlotte_G

Re: Bass module 700 making a popping/fluttering sound

Hello rajkappala, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have had some trouble with your Bass Module 700.

I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

It is possible that you may have wireless electronics close to the system that could cause interference. 

Unplug devices you suspect might interfere to see if the issue is resolved. If it is, try relocating the device to an area farther from your system or wireless access point (i.e. 6 feet / 2 meters). If you cannot relocate your system or the device, try changing the channel or frequency of the device, if possible. Some common devices to check for are:

• wireless printer
  • another wireless router
  • cordless phone
  • television
  • wireless speaker transmitters/receivers
  • microwave

Another suggestion would be to move the device closer to the Bose product. The device may be out of the range. The Bose product has an approx range of 30 ft (when paired with a class 1 device). Moving the device closer to the Bose product may improve the pairing connection. Bluetooth range can also be affected by obstructions such as walls.

Do you have a 3.5mm to 3.5mm (AUX) cable that you could use to connect the bass module to the soundbar with? If one is needed, please contact our Customer Service team and we will be able to help you with that. 

Should the issue persist after all of the above steps are explored, the next option would be to explore service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ayushmahapatra
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Bass module popping/fluttering

Is anyone else expericeing popping/fluttering sound from the bass module 700 at lower frequency. It happens with content with very high bass and a lot of air is ejected from the bottom port. The last software issue kinda triggered this. 

Ayushmahapatra
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Did u find a solution? If yes then plz share

Alper S.
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Re: Bass module popping/fluttering

Yes, my bass module 700 is making fluttering sound with content you described. I am assuming it is not normal as it sounds pretty bad. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Alper S.
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

My bass module 700 makes fluttering sound while watching movies. I am assuming it is not normal as it sounds pretty bad. Is there a solution for this or should I just return it for a refund?

Can you see my video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXxSJUh9CDk&feature=youtu.be,

- Moderator edited 

Ayushmahapatra
Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

Re: Bass module popping/fluttering

Try connecting it directly to the sound bar. There is no fix that i know of and bose refuses to acknowledge it. Sad

Jeff_G

Hello Alper S,

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

Did you check out the troubleshooting outlined by Charlotte G? I'd kindly suggest checking them out. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Alper S.
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

I tried the suggested troubleshooting and the fluttering noise still happens. Did you get chance to see my attached video? If so, please let me know if it is normal operation or not so I plan accordingly.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Alper S.

Thank you for trying that and letting us know.

I have had a look at your video and it does not sound how I would expect it to. 

Out of interest, in the Bose Music app, under the audio settings for your soundbar, what level to you have the bass speaker set to? You will see 2 bass controls, one for the treble/bass balance and one for the volume of the speaker. Do you see any difference in this fluttering sound if you adjust these levels?

Also, from your video, it does look like the speaker is right up against the wall, if you were to move it further out, so it is further from the wall, would you still hear the sound? 

If you do not see any difference from trying these steps, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L